New build/parts

deats

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Hello everyone.

I'm loooking for a little help on what to buy for my new system. Atm this is what I have
- ASUS Crosshair V
- Chaser MK-I

This is what I still need
- HDD
- Ram
- PSU
- Monitor
- Video card
- CPU

For the HDD I was thinking about Momentus XT 500GB

or

getting VelociRaptor 300GB and adding HDDBOOST with some cheap SSD.

As for the RAM Ive been looking at G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB or anything else that is completable with my MB and 8GB or more.

The PSU not sure on that, but In the future I will be doing SLI or CF.

I know for a fact that I want a monitor that is full HD and has HDMI.

In my old system I have an GeForce GTX 550 Ti and I was thinking I could just keep it and add a second one for SLI or just get a new card.

Now for the CPU I plan on getting the Bulldozer 8c when and if they come out.

For the HDD, Ram, PSU, Monitor, and Video card Im willing to go as high as 1k but would rather spend less if possible.

Id appreciate any help and advice anyone can give me. Ty for taking the time to read.

g-unit1111

Titan
Well Bulldozer isn't going to be out for another month or two. The 990FX is an excellent choice since you'll be able to upgrade easily.

If you want a good CPU right now go for the Phenom II X6 1100T.

I don't know much about SSD/Hybrid hard drives, just get an inexpensive SSD and go for a cheap 1 or 2 TB hard drive.

PSU: Go for the Corsair TX 650 or the Builder Series CX600, those are relatively inexpensive and pretty solid PSUs.

RAM: You don't need 1866, not a lot of motherboards are even capable of recognizing that speed yet without OC'ing. You can get 1600 RAM for like next to nothing right now, check Newegg, they have some good specials going on right now.

Video card: Depends on preference but both the GTX 560 and the ATI 6950 are excellent choices, they should last you a while.

Monitor: Don't settle for anything less than full 1080p resolution, as for the size that depends on personal preference.

deats

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Well according to this it should be out by 10/12 - 10/13 and if not ill just plop this CPU in the MB that was a gift a while back, hasn't been used yet. Id rather save the ~200$ from the Phenom II X6 1100T and put it towards a better video card or something.

I'll look into some of the 1600 ram. Do you have any suggestions?

I thought about doing just that, buying a cheap SSD but that wont leave much room for my games and program.

Are you sure that the Corsair TX 650 or the Builder Series CX600 can handle running SLI or CF with cards such as GTX 560 and the ATI 6950?

If the price it right i'll buy any monitor. Prob 20'' up 27''. Do you have any suggestions?

Oh yea I forgot to mention in the first post that I will be overclocking my computer.

TRENDING THREADS