Will my psu run 550ti

Llennie

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
So i got the card but when i put it in the computer will not turn on. the cpu/psu fans spin for a split second then just doesnt turn on.

my comp has 2 sata drives, pentiumD 3.2ghz and 4gb of ram, dvd-rw drive. could it be the PSU holding it back or maybe the card is broke?

Thanks for anyhelp.

Masrawy1973

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2010
ai reccently completed my first build a month ago and it was a super smooth process i had no problems at all

and having just built;t a pc when i was searching for a psu the CM power plus range looked like incredible value but in truth it is as poor a psu as you can get unless you get a completely obscure brand.many people say that his line of products (extreme power plus) are notorious for not delivering the labelled wattages and having low efficiency and reliability and i really wouldnt trust one at all

seeing that the fan runs for a bit then fails on ALL your components then im going to guess its that poor psu of yours thats causing the problem, return it or if you have any spare psu around or if a friend has one use it to power up the basic components (cpu etc.) and see if the psu is the problem because thats my guess