  • Configuration
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
July 21, 2004 12:05:05 PM

I have a couple questions regarding offline files:

1) I assume that offline files are stored locally on the
C: drive. Is this correct and if so where are they
stored? I have been unable to locate them.

2) If they are stored on the C: drive how can I make the
default location to be stored on a different drive?

Here is the problem that I could be having. I have quite
a few users who use laptops exclusively. They want
access to these files when they are not in the office.
The files for some of the users can be quite large and
most of their laptops are configured by the Manufacturer
so that the C: drive is not large enough to hold all of
their files. They do have enough space on another local
drive for the storage. I have been able to test the use
of offline files and like the way it works if this one
problem can be resolved.

More about : offline files

Anonymous
July 22, 2004 2:42:17 AM

Hi Craig,

The offline files are stored at C:\Windows\CSC (assuming C: is the drive where windows is
installed).

To move the cache, you may want to read the following article:
http://mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=620

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User