Offline Files

I have a couple questions regarding offline files:

1) I assume that offline files are stored locally on the
C: drive. Is this correct and if so where are they
stored? I have been unable to locate them.

2) If they are stored on the C: drive how can I make the
default location to be stored on a different drive?

Here is the problem that I could be having. I have quite
a few users who use laptops exclusively. They want
access to these files when they are not in the office.
The files for some of the users can be quite large and
most of their laptops are configured by the Manufacturer
so that the C: drive is not large enough to hold all of
their files. They do have enough space on another local
drive for the storage. I have been able to test the use
of offline files and like the way it works if this one
problem can be resolved.

More about offline files

    Hi Craig,

    The offline files are stored at C:\Windows\CSC (assuming C: is the drive where windows is
    installed).

    To move the cache, you may want to read the following article:
    http://mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=620

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Craig" <test@digital-datacomm.com> wrote in message news:154b01c46f34$1b342040$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    >I have a couple questions regarding offline files:
    >
    > 1) I assume that offline files are stored locally on the
    > C: drive. Is this correct and if so where are they
    > stored? I have been unable to locate them.
    >
    > 2) If they are stored on the C: drive how can I make the
    > default location to be stored on a different drive?
    >
    > Here is the problem that I could be having. I have quite
    > a few users who use laptops exclusively. They want
    > access to these files when they are not in the office.
    > The files for some of the users can be quite large and
    > most of their laptops are configured by the Manufacturer
    > so that the C: drive is not large enough to hold all of
    > their files. They do have enough space on another local
    > drive for the storage. I have been able to test the use
    > of offline files and like the way it works if this one
    > problem can be resolved.
    >
    > Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Configuration Customization Windows XP