drinkingcola86

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
I'm looking for some advice on new motherboard and memory. I'm running a phenome II 965 with a soft overclock to 3.8 on an AM2+ MB with ddr2 memory. I'm looking to upgrade to an AM3+ MB with ddr3 memory and I'm just looking around for suggestions. I'll be buying this in about a month or 2 and I know a lot will change between then but starting my research now. Total budget will be about $200.00. I'm looking for the 990FX or 990X north bridge.

P.S. If your just going to tell me to dump that and get intel I'll just tell you to piss off. I'm not looking for something like that I'm wanting to keep my system AMD.

Solution

No sweetie I haven't seen such a problem! These RAMs are great and work properly with 1.5 Voltage! The reviews on Newegg say that these sticks don't have such a problem and won't overwhelm you! however the choice is yours, but here G.SKILL sticks are very popular! But if you worry about that then you can go with Patriot! By the way I never had Patriot on my PC but it's also really good! Do whatever you like to do! If you worry about that then...

drinkingcola86

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
He's one of my last questions...with the G.SKILL ram that you suggested, it seems like some people have had it kill some of the mother boards they have plugged it into to? I know it could be that the MB could have been bad before and which is what it looks like. Should I be worried of that?

expellite

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

No sweetie I haven't seen such a problem! These RAMs are great and work properly with 1.5 Voltage! The reviews on Newegg say that these sticks don't have such a problem and won't overwhelm you! however the choice is yours, but here G.SKILL sticks are very popular! But if you worry about that then you can go with Patriot! By the way I never had Patriot on my PC but it's also really good! Do whatever you like to do! If you worry about that then you'll feel insecure when using them! By the way I still recommend G.SKILL Sniper, but Patriot is also good at the same time!

Solution

drinkingcola86

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
Ohh that is nice...think that is the first time I've every been called sweetie. But thanks for your help, I've only ever used Patroit memory and have been happy with it. However, I'm more than willing to use something else. I won't know unless if i try.