Windows 8 installation issue with A75M-HVS mother board

I am having issue to install windows 8, setup start successful..
Press any key to start setup .. [OK]
Windows showed..

But just before install screen … computer hang… [ press numlock/caps key.. no effect] after few second DVD ROM stopped spinning.. leave computer for 10 mint... looks like hang...

One of my friend has ASUS board..i tried same DVD its gone through.. after mint “Install now screen showed”

I tried windows 8 enterprise, windows 8 home premium, windows 8 professional..
Couple of time re-download DVD from MSDN.. Same result.

Checked ASROCK website.. saying “A75M-HVS” is compatible with windows 8.
But I am not been able to installed :(
8 answers Last reply
More about windows installation issue a75m mother board
  1. What cpu do have, and are you trying to install windows 8 x64 or 32bit. Windows 8 x64 does not support some x64 cpu's. If you are installing the x64 version have you tried installing the 32bit to see if that works.
  2. thanks for message..
    i do have AMD vision A8, 8gb RAM, 1TB HDD..
    update bios,

currently running windows 7 pro 64bit.. all working fine...

i could try 32bit ... see how it works...
  3. fixtactix said:
    What cpu do have, and are you trying to install windows 8 x64 or 32bit. Windows 8 x64 does not support some x64 cpu's. If you are installing the x64 version have you tried installing the 32bit to see if that works.

i tried windows 8 32 bit... no luck...
  4. Have you tried installing from a USB stick just to rule out issue with DVD Drive or DVD Media,

Here is a link that will help in getting your USB Stick Setup

http://hexus.net/tech/tech-explained/software/31765-how-install-windows-8-usb-drive/
  5. "But just before install screen … computer hang… [ press numlock/caps key.. no effect] after few second DVD ROM stopped spinning.. leave computer for 10 mint... looks like hang... "

Same result with ASRock A75M + A8 3870K
  6. updated the BIOS... P1.8
    now all set.. downloaded beta drivers for windows 8 ... working fine.. :D

installed windows 8 Pro.. 64bit
  7. muhfq said:
    I am having issue to install windows 8, setup start successful..
    Press any key to start setup .. [OK]
    Windows showed..

But just before install screen … computer hang… [ press numlock/caps key.. no effect] after few second DVD ROM stopped spinning.. leave computer for 10 mint... looks like hang...

One of my friend has ASUS board..i tried same DVD its gone through.. after mint “Install now screen showed”

I tried windows 8 enterprise, windows 8 home premium, windows 8 professional..
    Couple of time re-download DVD from MSDN.. Same result.

Checked ASROCK website.. saying “A75M-HVS” is compatible with windows 8.
    But I am not been able to installed :(

When installation reboots and it brings you to the splash screen, restart your computer, press F2 or Delete to enter the bios settings and turn off USB LEGACY SUPPORT. Exit and save changes then your computer will restart and installation will continue successfully.
  8. when I had issues.. it was not going to reboot... it freeze in first step.. it never
    reached reboots.
    on website ASRock said. they have issues with bios.. which is fixed in later version..

Updating the BIOS worked for me...
Ask a new question

Read More

ASRock Computers Windows 8 Motherboards