Help I am fed up and depressed :(

DepressedMole

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Okay so I have been having problems with my computer for about a month. My computer's USB devices occasionally stop responding and a reboot is always required. Those USB devices are always my mouse and keyboard so it is pretty aggravating. Sometimes it is just the mouse and when it is it reconnects. I also am having problems with a Nvidia display driver not responding and being recovered. Having a gaming PC is my dream and to finally achieve it but have problems like this is extremely depressing.

Solution
it seems as though you'll have to contact the mobo makers support staff and pursue an rma.....

it's most likely broken at a hardware lvl......sorry

DepressedMole

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name USER-PC
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3506, 1/17/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name User-PC\User
Time Zone US Mountain Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.97 GB
Available Physical Memory 5.56 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 13.1 GB
Page File Space 7.97 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

if you need this...

why does it say this I wonder ?....."Other OS Description Not Available"

you put this together yourself ?.. did you install the motherboard drivers that came on the disc that was in the motherboard box ?

also, are you familiar with the BIOS and how to do anything with it ?

and did you try alternate usb ports to plug the mouse and keyboard into ?

DepressedMole

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012

I did not build it myself. I had somebody help me and I do not recall what he did.I have tried updating the bios but I am not sure how to do it. Plugging it in different USB ports does not help.

didn't see your motherboard listed, however, the BIOS thing, ........ some board sites have software for auto downloading and installing the BIOS from the desktop. real easy to do. just follow instructions.......... and say yes to backing up old BIOS and remember where it is. ( documents or whatever. good to burn it to a disc before reboot. )

there are drivers on the disc that came with the motherboard. some of these help the motherboard run right. you should look to see what's on there and see if your machine needs them..... the BIOS auto update thing may also be on there......... but after using it to install the new BIOS uninstall it. some like to auto scan all the time and end up giving people problems and they have no idea what the problem is.

since this machine is "new"............. shut down/unplug from wall. pull battery and wait a few minutes and then reinstall battery. put a magic marker mark on it before you pull it so you know what way to put it back in. doing this will set the BIOS back to stock.... just in case anything is awry. after doing this run your machine and apps and see if there are any positive changes.

DepressedMole

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Thanks where is the battery?

monsta

Splendid
I honestly believe you did not install the Motherboard drivers, go to the manufacturers website and download all the drivers necessary for your motherboard , the USB dropping out is a sign you dont have the drivers , also do a Windows update , it will find drivers for your hardware that can be necessary for them to function correctly.

DepressedMole

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012

How do you upgrade your BIOS I have an asus motherboard?

Xiopen3r

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
I had a similar problem. In which the mouse driver would not work/any mouse I used. Cpu consumption was always 95%+ causing my computer to be slow as hell. After over 10 hours+ over a period of a few days I decided to randomly disable one of the usb ports and what do you, it worked like a charm. Everything was working fine.