Solved

Help I am fed up and depressed :(

Okay so I have been having problems with my computer for about a month. My computer's USB devices occasionally stop responding and a reboot is always required. Those USB devices are always my mouse and keyboard so it is pretty aggravating. Sometimes it is just the mouse and when it is it reconnects. I also am having problems with a Nvidia display driver not responding and being recovered. Having a gaming PC is my dream and to finally achieve it but have problems like this is extremely depressing.
26 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help depressed
  1. failing power supply......maybe..... but thinking more towards bad motherboard. too many board related things going on at once.

    how old is this thing ?

    old enough to have the battery replaced ?

    does it ever stop showing the right date and time ?
  2. A couple months old. Nope
  3. Bump
  4. No one can help?
  5. specifically what power supply ?

    don't bump. people work and do other things. takes time for us to catch up.
  6. swifty_morgan said:
    specifically what power supply ?

    don't bump. people work and do other things. takes time for us to catch up.

    Sorry, It is a http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3276573&Sku=ULT-LSP650&SRCCODE=LINKSHARE&cm_mmc_o=-ddCjC1bELltzywCjC-d2CjCdwwp&AffiliateID=iFudSkud_Rc-vTSw3tKBEhVLiQZuNXVEtg
  7. OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name USER-PC
    System Manufacturer System manufacturer
    System Model System Product Name
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3506, 1/17/2012
    SMBIOS Version 2.6
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
    User Name User-PC\User
    Time Zone US Mountain Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 7.97 GB
    Available Physical Memory 5.56 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 15.9 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 13.1 GB
    Page File Space 7.97 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

    if you need this...
  8. why does it say this I wonder ?....."Other OS Description Not Available"

    you put this together yourself ?.. did you install the motherboard drivers that came on the disc that was in the motherboard box ?

    also, are you familiar with the BIOS and how to do anything with it ?

    and did you try alternate usb ports to plug the mouse and keyboard into ?
  9. For the USB thing - It must be the drivers.

    Try updating your bios?
  10. swifty_morgan said:
    why does it say this I wonder ?....."Other OS Description Not Available"

    you put this together yourself ?.. did you install the motherboard drivers that came on the disc that was in the motherboard box ?

    also, are you familiar with the BIOS and how to do anything with it ?

    and did you try alternate usb ports to plug the mouse and keyboard into ?

    I did not build it myself. I had somebody help me and I do not recall what he did.I have tried updating the bios but I am not sure how to do it. Plugging it in different USB ports does not help.
  11. didn't see your motherboard listed, however, the BIOS thing, ........ some board sites have software for auto downloading and installing the BIOS from the desktop. real easy to do. just follow instructions.......... and say yes to backing up old BIOS and remember where it is. ( documents or whatever. good to burn it to a disc before reboot. )

    there are drivers on the disc that came with the motherboard. some of these help the motherboard run right. you should look to see what's on there and see if your machine needs them..... the BIOS auto update thing may also be on there......... but after using it to install the new BIOS uninstall it. some like to auto scan all the time and end up giving people problems and they have no idea what the problem is.

    since this machine is "new"............. shut down/unplug from wall. pull battery and wait a few minutes and then reinstall battery. put a magic marker mark on it before you pull it so you know what way to put it back in. doing this will set the BIOS back to stock.... just in case anything is awry. after doing this run your machine and apps and see if there are any positive changes.
  12. swifty_morgan said:
    didn't see your motherboard listed, however, the BIOS thing, ........ some board sites have software for auto downloading and installing the BIOS from the desktop. real easy to do. just follow instructions.......... and say yes to backing up old BIOS and remember where it is. ( documents or whatever. good to burn it to a disc before reboot. )

    there are drivers on the disc that came with the motherboard. some of these help the motherboard run right. you should look to see what's on there and see if your machine needs them..... the BIOS auto update thing may also be on there......... but after using it to install the new BIOS uninstall it. some like to auto scan all the time and end up giving people problems and they have no idea what the problem is.

    since this machine is "new"............. shut down/unplug from wall. pull battery and wait a few minutes and then reinstall battery. put a magic marker mark on it before you pull it so you know what way to put it back in. doing this will set the BIOS back to stock.... just in case anything is awry. after doing this run your machine and apps and see if there are any positive changes.
    Thanks where is the battery?
  13. that big shiny thing staring at you from the motherboard.
  14. I honestly believe you did not install the Motherboard drivers, go to the manufacturers website and download all the drivers necessary for your motherboard , the USB dropping out is a sign you dont have the drivers , also do a Windows update , it will find drivers for your hardware that can be necessary for them to function correctly.
  15. DepressedMole said:
    Thanks where is the battery?



    its a flat battery, like in a watch....usually around the exp. slots
  16. swifty_morgan said:
    didn't see your motherboard listed, however, the BIOS thing, ........ some board sites have software for auto downloading and installing the BIOS from the desktop. real easy to do. just follow instructions.......... and say yes to backing up old BIOS and remember where it is. ( documents or whatever. good to burn it to a disc before reboot. )

    there are drivers on the disc that came with the motherboard. some of these help the motherboard run right. you should look to see what's on there and see if your machine needs them..... the BIOS auto update thing may also be on there......... but after using it to install the new BIOS uninstall it. some like to auto scan all the time and end up giving people problems and they have no idea what the problem is.

    since this machine is "new"............. shut down/unplug from wall. pull battery and wait a few minutes and then reinstall battery. put a magic marker mark on it before you pull it so you know what way to put it back in. doing this will set the BIOS back to stock.... just in case anything is awry. after doing this run your machine and apps and see if there are any positive changes.

    How do you upgrade your BIOS I have an asus motherboard?
  17. It is a rom file what do I do?
  18. i put it on usb stick.

    reset to bios,

    go to tools---EZ Flash---

    select file when prompted, choose yes....

    and pray to the allmighty bios god.....
  19. if you were actually reading any of this.............. you can download BIOS AUTO UPDATE software from asus' site and run the BIOS update from the desktop after installing the software. It's idiot proof. It even looks for the newest BIOS update for your motherboard...........
  20. I updated my BIOS and it is still doing it.
  21. Best answer
    it seems as though you'll have to contact the mobo makers support staff and pursue an rma.....

    it's most likely broken at a hardware lvl......sorry
  22. badtaylorx said:
    it seems as though you'll have to contact the mobo makers support staff and pursue an rma.....

    it's most likely broken at a hardware lvl......sorry

    Extreme sadface.
  23. I had a similar problem. In which the mouse driver would not work/any mouse I used. Cpu consumption was always 95%+ causing my computer to be slow as hell. After over 10 hours+ over a period of a few days I decided to randomly disable one of the usb ports and what do you, it worked like a charm. Everything was working fine.
  24. What could have caused it to break?
  25. Best answer selected by DepressedMole.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Computer Devices