Sign in with
Your question

Does my A75MA-G55 support PCIe 3.0?

Last response: in Motherboards
October 10, 2012 10:29:40 PM

I have this http://www.msi.com/product/mb/A75MA-G55.html#/?div=Deta...

And when I put this in it: http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R7850-Twin-Frozr-2GD5.ht...

My computer fails to start up. All the fans spin and I can hear the drive spin up but my bios does not beep and it never boots to OS. The screen remains black.

Did I just buy a bad card? (I have a 700w PSU w/ proper cabling so that couldnt be it for just one card)

More about : a75ma g55 support pcie

a c 180 V Motherboard
October 10, 2012 11:03:55 PM

Your MB does not support Pci-e 3.0 but that does not stop the video card from working in your computer. that video card is backwards compatable and will work in a pci-e 2.0 slot. Did you put the video card in the slot closest to the cpu socket?
The 700w psu is enough for the card that you have, is this a whole new build or did you have a video card in there and you are upgrading it? If you take the card out and turn the computer on do you get any beep codes. With the video card out can you use the intergrated graphics?
m
l
October 10, 2012 11:08:08 PM

PCIe 3.0 support doesn't matter. It doesn't have it, but that's irrelevant because all PCIe 3.0 graphics cards work in PCIe 2.x and 1.x systems (PCIe is backwards compatible with the best version supported by all devices in the system).

Your problem is not PCIe version.

What are the rest of your hardware/operating system/relevant driver specifications, are you sure that you have all cables plugged in properly, and how old is your PSU?
m
l
Related resources
October 10, 2012 11:18:03 PM

Also, I've tried the OCZ PSU listed there in both 500w and 700w versions with two different sets of PCI-e cabling including the one cable that came with the card and nada :-(
m
l
October 10, 2012 11:22:04 PM

And thank you in advance for any help you might provide!
m
l
October 10, 2012 11:50:19 PM

That card is probably faulty. I make no guarantee, but that's what it seems to be.
m
l
a c 180 V Motherboard
October 11, 2012 2:30:20 AM

I don't have AMD and have not used it either so with you getting the apu which is designed to give better intergrated graphics is there an option or setting in the bios that you have to change to get the Pci-e and the video card to work?
I think with Intel when you put a video card in the pci-e slot it automaticly switches from intergrated to video card.If you have the owners manual for the motherboard you can look in it to see if there is a setting that you have to change.
m
l
October 11, 2012 3:17:18 AM

Oh, inzone, that's a very good point, I can't believe that I missed it. OP, you should give things a try with the Radeon 7850 removed if you're using an APU and not an IGP-disabled version.
m
l
!