Sign in with
Your question

New Computer

Last response: in Systems
September 24, 2011 3:37:38 AM

Well first off I would just like to say "Thank you" to everyone on the Tom's Hardware forums. In the past months I have been exploring the many pages on this forum, and had even more questions. Thru and thru you all have been there when I needed an answer for my new build, which, is now finally a home-built. This new home-built PC is now sitting on a pedestal so to speak. With a beautiful and quite silent purring coming from the inside of this beast's body. Right when I started putting my computer together I took care to do everything correctly and tripe-check after that. After a few weeks passed by I remembered to thank everyone that so graciously took the time out to help me in my journey and I have much gratitude. Without further ado, my PC's specifications.

Motherboard
-GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68
Powersupply
-CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W
Processor
-2nd Generation Intel Core i5 2500-K
R.A.M
-G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
Graphics Card
-Biostar EVGA e-GeForce (not aware of the model, got from a friend)
-Don't focus to much on this part, this is the only not new part.
Hard Drive
-Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB
Solid State Drive
-Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3-BK 2.5" 60GB SATA III
Optical Drive
-ASUS 24X DVD Burner
Case
-NZXT BETA EVO Classic Series

Also this is my first ever new build so please don't criticize to hard, also I only have $800 to spend. Now a lot of the parts are cheaper than they were.

More about : computer

a b B Homebuilt system
September 24, 2011 3:54:11 AM

Glad it worked out well !
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
September 24, 2011 3:55:35 AM

Looks great, happy computing!
m
l
Related resources
September 24, 2011 4:42:37 AM

congratulations on your first build. Makes you feel great to have done it, doesn't it?
m
l
September 24, 2011 6:25:39 PM

helpfish said:
congratulations on your first build. Makes you feel great to have done it, doesn't it?

Yes it does very much so. I'm actually in the process of making another computer from spare parts I have laying around. It will be quite a fun project.
m
l
!