Possibel to split cable modem to 2 computers?

xhexstrom

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
Hello all, this is my first time posting here =)

Anyways, I want to bring my computer over a friends house to play some games. He and his brother already have internet. The computers are in the basement, and the Linksys router is upstairs on the opposite side of the house. Is there a way to get a connection to my computer without bothering them to run a whole new wire?

I was looking for some modem splitters, and what I found were ones with 2 female and 1 male end. Would it be possible to plug the male end into my friends computer, then plug the wire that WAS going to his computer into female 1, then plug the wire from my computer into female 2? Or do they work differently then that? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

xhexstrom

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
I just realized the spelling error in the thread title haha. Oh well. Will the product Emerald suggested work with if the original wires are running from a Linksys router? in other words, the cable from the main source is going into the router, then the cables from the router go to the computers. Will it work if I have 1 end of a computer cable modem plugged into the router, the other end plugged into the mentioned product, then 2 wires plugged into the mentioned product going into 2 different computers? Thanks for all the help.