Starter Card for first time build: $200 budget

AfirAwesome

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within the next week

BUDGET RANGE: $200 After MIR

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming (Starcraft 2 on at least medium), Internet, Streaming, etc.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: None, it's for a build;CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2x4GB), ASUS M5A99X EVO AM3+ AMD 990X, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg

PARTS PREFERENCES: Preferably NVIDIA, AMD is fine too

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: None

GPU's I've looked at: These AMD Ones

v(These are NVIDIA ones)v
This
This
This
This
And This

I don't know much about graphics cards at all, so I need some help. It's just so annoying that there are so many "GeForce 460"s out there at so many different prices, but with such similar specs!

Like the title suggests, this is for my first computer build, I'm not upgrading anything I already have.

Thanks for the help!

personally I'd throw in an extra 30 bucks After MIR to your budget and get a nice aftermarket gtx 560ti, it will be able to reach gtx570/hd6970 levels for 2/3 of the cost,save the extra 30 bucks or so.....or you will be wishing that you did imo...

here is a link to a good one imo:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121425

really this is better then the "starter card" that you originally requested but for a small budget increase you can have the pro card, so why not spring for it! good luck

also make sure that you have a good psu.

AfirAwesome

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Okay, so I've looked at all of your suggestions, and read the reviews for the GPU's.

Great, I'll look over it along with the others!

The Palit one looks nice, but I can't seem to deduct anything from the reviews. Certainly not out of the race, though. ;)
Apparently, the XFX one gets REALLY hot, and is also very loud. Pretty much every review mentioned those in some aspect. Do I need to worry that much?

Looks REAL good. I like the two fans. ;) Plus, tom's hardware recommended buy really gives it a push. This could end up being the one I get.

Thanks! I'll consider those three. :D

Any other suggestions/comments?