Channel 1 Memory stopped working

Roger R

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
I replaced my processor with a Phenom II X4 B97 on a Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P board.
System would not boot - Beeps indicated memory. Pulled 1 stick out (DDR_2) and board booted. - Figured a bad stick. Purchased 2 new modules (1.5V) and installed them. System would not boot - Beeps indicated memory. Pulled 1 stick out (DDR_2) and board booted. Installed the 2 sticks in DDR3_ & DDR_4. System would not boot - Beeps indicated memory. Pulled 1 stick out (DDR_4) and board booted. Installed memory in DDR_1 and DDR_3 and board booted. Could this have anything to do with the B97 processor? A bios setting?

Solution
It certianly points to the processor since everything was working fine and you chnged the cpu and now there's an issue with either one of the slots or the fact that the cpu is causing the slot to malfunction.
It could be a wild coincedence that the motherbaord became defective with the cpu change.

eddie z

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

It sounds like a bad motherboard to me.

It certianly points to the processor since everything was working fine and you chnged the cpu and now there's an issue with either one of the slots or the fact that the cpu is causing the slot to malfunction.
It could be a wild coincedence that the motherbaord became defective with the cpu change.

Solution