Good low profile RAM

hubbs_67

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Hello,

Looking at replacing the MOBO, RAM and CPU on my system. Will be going i5 3570K, not 100% sure on motherboard yet. From what I understand, if I will be attaching something other than the stock fan to the CPU, I should try and get low profile RAM to make sure it fits under the heatsink / CPU cooler. However, when I look at the best rated RAM on Newegg, it's all either Ripjaws or Vengence memory, and they look (especially the Vengence) like they may not fit under my heatsink (I have a Sycthe 2 CPU cooler). Can anyone recommend a good low profile RAM, or confirm if Ripjaws / Vengence memory will fit easily under most CPU coolers?

Thanks!

Solution
Which cpu cooler? Scythe is the company, 2 is not a model. Mugen 2? Ninja 2? Shuriken 2? Kabuto 2? Even a big cooler like the mugen can just slide the fan up.
2011-sbm-high-q1_platform.jpg
Ex malmental from toms told me i should get rid of my ram as well because 1.65v for 1600mhz rated ram is too much and that i should get 1.50v ram. So i looked and most ram that's worth it is too expensive or has a tall heatsink... But the kicker is even tall heatsink ram fits under a noctua nhd14 which used to be the highest end air cooler on the planet

hubbs_67

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Got my MOBO fixed, just had to take out the battery to reset it then update the BIOS, so holding out until Haswell (as long as my system holds together until then)

Thanks for the input!