Digital Camera

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 5, 2005 7:35:04 AM

Hello,

I am lookinf to buy a digital camera sub $400 which has 6+ optical zoom
with image stabilization and has AF illumination. Min 3 MP.

Is there any camera available with the above specs.

Thanks in advance.

Karthik

More about : digital camera

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 7:35:05 AM

In article <b41818411b9c414badb252fc185703fc@PhotoKB.com>,
"KarthikG via PhotoKB.com" <forum@PhotoKB.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am lookinf to buy a digital camera sub $400 which has 6+ optical zoom
> with image stabilization and has AF illumination. Min 3 MP.
>
> Is there any camera available with the above specs.

Dunno about the AF illumination, but the DMC-LZ1 from Panasonic and the
Minolta Dimage Z3 fit the bill otherwise. Play around here:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp

----j7y

--
jere7my tho?rpe | "The land knows whom it sent out;
(440) 775-1522 | In the place of human beings

KarthikG via PhotoKB.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am lookinf to buy a digital camera sub $400 which has 6+ optical zoom
> with image stabilization and has AF illumination. Min 3 MP.
>
> Is there any camera available with the above specs.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Karthik

You want more than is currently available. Wait a year, then look to
buy a camera that has been replaced by a newer model and has been
discounted.
April 5, 2005 4:15:41 PM

KarthikG via PhotoKB.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am lookinf to buy a digital camera sub $400 which has 6+ optical
> zoom with image stabilization and has AF illumination. Min 3 MP.
>
> Is there any camera available with the above specs.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Karthik

You want a lot, you may need to wait for another generation or two.

I do suggest you change one part of your specification.

I could make two cameras with 6 X digital zooms and they may be far
different. One could be wide angle only and that other could be telephoto
only. I suggest you will want to compare the effective angle of views.

With 35mm cameras you could always say that a 35mm lens was wide angle,
but with digital some cameras at 35mm may not be wide angle and anther
maybe. Digital made this already not will understood specification less
well understood.

If you are looking for telephoto performance, check on that not the
ratio of the zoom.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 9:37:23 PM

> KarthikG via PhotoKB.com wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am lookinf to buy a digital camera sub $400 which has 6+ optical zoom
> > with image stabilization and has AF illumination. Min 3 MP.
> >
> > Is there any camera available with the above specs.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Karthik
> >
> You want more than is currently available. Wait a year, then look to
> buy a camera that has been replaced by a newer model and has been
> discounted.

See if you can find an FZ10. At f/5.6, ISO 50, tripod (or bright sunlight)
it produces sharp reasonably low-noise images.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 6:33:23 AM

KarthikG via PhotoKB.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am lookinf to buy a digital camera sub $400 which has 6+ optical zoom
>with image stabilization and has AF illumination. Min 3 MP.
>
>Is there any camera available with the above specs.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Karthik

Hi,
I have a Panasonic FZ10 for sale. I upgraded to dSLR.
Tony
!