Sign in with
Your question

Crackling with USB headset with SLI Enabled

Last response: in Components
December 26, 2011 12:21:27 PM

Hey guys here is my problem. i get Crackling and popping noises in my usb headset with SLI enabled. I narrowed it down and it is that. Here are my specs
Amd Phenom 1090T X6 2.0 GHz OCed TO 4.0 GHz
8gb ddr3 corsair XMS3
MSI 890FX-GD70

2xSLI PNY GTX570
Pc Power And Cooling 750 Watt Psu
400 gb sata 2 western digital 2Raptors in Raid-0
Microsoft Sidewinder keyboard-Logitech G500
Cooler Master HAF932
USB Headset-Logitech G930
PSU- PC power and cooling 750 watt

Now i am starting to lean toward my power supply. I went on extreme outer vision website for the psu calculator and it says the minimum 768watt recommended 850watt. Just need some help
December 26, 2011 12:57:05 PM

A new PSU would definitely be a good idea, but in the mean time, are you using front panel or rear USB ports? If you're using the front panel, you may get less (or even no) crackle from the rear ports.
m
l
December 26, 2011 1:00:16 PM

It won't let me edit my last post, but I have the same case and I got a crackle/whine when using the front panel headphone jack.
m
l
Related resources
December 26, 2011 1:20:54 PM

jakjawagon said:
It won't let me edit my last post, but I have the same case and I got a crackle/whine when using the front panel headphone jack.

This is a USB headset and yes I have tried all front and rear usb ports. Even the USB 3.0 slots. I tried about everything but it came down to it doesn't do it with sli disabled, but enabled it crackles in games and out of games like with music or watching video
m
l
December 27, 2011 6:11:22 PM

I'm still thinking a new power supply may be in order, but the only other thing I can think of is making sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
m
l
December 27, 2011 6:48:15 PM

jakjawagon said:
I'm still thinking a new power supply may be in order, but the only other thing I can think of is making sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

of course they are up to date
m
l
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
November 20, 2012 4:00:59 PM

its not the power supply i have the same problem, it's the usb headset its digitaal and many games don't supports this with sli .
with tulp jack headset it works fine tray that .
m
l
!