Pc and surround sound speaker "POP"

polarissucks01

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Hi, I recently built a computer. I have an asus z77 - v Pro mobo and I have my computer hooked up to my surround sound using an optical cable. I am getting dts sound using realteks dts surround mode and I have installed fresh realtek drivers for my sound card. Once in a while, only when no sound is playing I get a speaker pop. Never when music is playing, or games. Everything is connected to a surge protector. Most of the time after stopping a video or just as I click to start the video I get the popping nose. Any answer? I have not tried using driver sweeper and re installing the sound drivers though. HDMI audio does the same thing.

Sometimes overvolting will cause a pop and since you have overclocked the cpu there is a chance that it is overvolted or you have a motherboard that doesn't like to be overclocked. I had a similar poping sound and I would hear it on startup everytime and sometimes randomly , I had an Asus board and it was overclocked and the only way I could get rid of it was to run the cpu at stock or with a mild overclock with no added voltage.