Going to use BT for the first time....

Tags:
Last response: in Technologies
August 5, 2004 11:52:06 PM

I currently have a Nokia 6310i on the Orange network and use a fully
fitted handsfree car kit. In October my car is being replaced and I want
to go the BT route so that I can use my phone in more than the one car.

I'm not particularly fond of the idea of using a headset as I imagine
that I would be uncomfortable wearing something when I am not used to it
- I have a plug-in ear piece for emergency use but it really irritates
me.

I've been looking at the mic/speaker BT options like the Motorola HF800
or the Jabra SP100 but am a bit concerned as to whether or not they would
be loud enough in a car travelling at speed with all the associated road
noises.

Anyone got any experience on these things or am I really better off
trying to go with a headset type?

TIA

--
EMail address is disposable and NEVER checked.
Outgoing message is certified VIRUS FREE by

More about : time

Anonymous
August 6, 2004 2:54:37 AM

Hi,

A Bluetooth carkit which is very loud is the HCB-30(0) from Sony Ericsson.
This products works great with Nokia mobile phones.
A very good product: I use it every day!
Bernd

"Paul Blarmy" <foxesfan@trashmail.net> schreef in bericht
> I currently have a Nokia 6310i on the Orange network and use a fully
> fitted handsfree car kit. In October my car is being replaced and I want
> to go the BT route so that I can use my phone in more than the one car.
>
> I'm not particularly fond of the idea of using a headset as I imagine
> that I would be uncomfortable wearing something when I am not used to it
> - I have a plug-in ear piece for emergency use but it really irritates
> me.
>
> I've been looking at the mic/speaker BT options like the Motorola HF800
> or the Jabra SP100 but am a bit concerned as to whether or not they would
> be loud enough in a car travelling at speed with all the associated road
> noises.
>
> Anyone got any experience on these things or am I really better off
> trying to go with a headset type?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> EMail address is disposable and NEVER checked.
> Outgoing message is certified VIRUS FREE by
> *me* using nothing more than common sense.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 11:29:08 PM

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 22:54:37 +0200, Bernd wrote...

> A Bluetooth carkit which is very loud is the HCB-30(0) from Sony Ericsson.
> This products works great with Nokia mobile phones.

Thanks Bernd, I'll have a look out for that one.

--
EMail address is disposable and NEVER checked.
Outgoing message is certified VIRUS FREE by
*me* using nothing more than common sense.
Related resources
August 7, 2004 3:36:18 AM

I've had good luck with the Moto HS810.

"Paul Blarmy" <foxesfan@trashmail.net> wrote in message
> I currently have a Nokia 6310i on the Orange network and use a fully
> fitted handsfree car kit. In October my car is being replaced and I want
> to go the BT route so that I can use my phone in more than the one car.
>
> I'm not particularly fond of the idea of using a headset as I imagine
> that I would be uncomfortable wearing something when I am not used to it
> - I have a plug-in ear piece for emergency use but it really irritates
> me.
>
> I've been looking at the mic/speaker BT options like the Motorola HF800
> or the Jabra SP100 but am a bit concerned as to whether or not they would
> be loud enough in a car travelling at speed with all the associated road
> noises.
>
> Anyone got any experience on these things or am I really better off
> trying to go with a headset type?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> EMail address is disposable and NEVER checked.
> Outgoing message is certified VIRUS FREE by
> *me* using nothing more than common sense.
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 5:33:16 PM

I have used the HCB-30 for 6 months and it has been superb. The technician
who fitted it here in Tallinn, Estonia said that from his experience of all
available products the SE kit is the best on the market and the reliability
of the unit is second to none.

Phil

!