Sign in with
Your question

Cant access BIOS on new build Please Help

Last response: in Motherboards
October 12, 2012 12:34:49 AM

Hello,
Please let me know if i put this in the wrong category.
Anyway, Ive just made my first PC build but i dont have an OS yet but i want to access my BIOS settings and i already have a problem.

What happens is ill turn it on and it will say American megatrends and it says press F1 to access settings and when i pushed it, it went to a blank screen. Then after i tried rebooting it and it did not show american megatrends and went straight to the screen where it says "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" (Because i still dont have windows)
So now whenever i boot it up it wont show the american megatrends symbol. It only did on my first boot.
So i tried hitting delete after it made a beep and instead of it going to the "Reboot and select proper...." Screen it was also blank, and it does the same thing when i hit F8 after the beep. It goes to the "Reboot and select...." Screen if i dont press anything, but if i press delete or F8 it goes to a blank screen.
I only have a wired Keyboard and mouse in the USB ports.

Please help. All replys are greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

More about : access bios build

a b V Motherboard
October 12, 2012 1:15:11 AM

well whats your motherboard make & model? with this information we could verify the correct key to enter the bios. It will probably help to list your full computer specs as well.
m
l
October 12, 2012 1:25:34 AM

Ok here ill give all my specs:

Mobo: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0

CPU: AMD FX-4100

Memory: Kingston Hyper Blu 8GB (2x4GB)

GPU: XFX Radeon 6870

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB

Optical: LG DVD writer (not sure of exact model)

PSU: ThermaltakeTR2 600W
m
l
!