MSI GTX 580 Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

and11590

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Hey guys, so I had a quick question. I have a MSI GTX 580 xtreme edition at the moment with:

Core voltage:
1063mv
Core clock:
910mhz
Shader clock:
1820mhz
Memory clock:
2200mhz

I'm using MSI Afterburner for the OC settings and I was wondering what would be:
The ideal max voltage?
And what is the best way to push this MSI to the max?

Oh and I'm running a 27 inch monitor with a 21.5 inch dual screening.

Thanks for the help!

:bounce:

Solution
Also, the size doesn't matter (that's not what she said) when you're talking monitors so much as how many dots make up the picture when it comes to graphics performance. So a 21" 1080p monitor makes your GPU work just as hard as a 27" 1080p monitor.
Also, the size doesn't matter (that's not what she said) when you're talking monitors so much as how many dots make up the picture when it comes to graphics performance. So a 21" 1080p monitor makes your GPU work just as hard as a 27" 1080p monitor.

Solution

and11590

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Oh wow thats pretty interesting. Just out of pure curiosity then, looking at tweaktown's OC they did this:

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4123/msi_gtx_580_lightning_xtreme_edition_3gb_oc_ed_video_card_review/index2.html

Lol its pretty freaking insane...... I was wondering how they pushed the card soo high?
Oh and just for a general knowledge I still was wondering what a safe max/good over voltage would be for the card?

Thanks again for the help guys :)

Oh and ubercake, lol I think you commented to almost every thread I made hahahah thanks a lot

and11590

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Hey matto I dled the most recent afterburner on guru like you said. For some reason its not picking up the voltage change. I'm using GPU-Z and CPUID looking up voltages and it says its at 1.01 V and 1.0130V.
Also, when I had the afterburner 2.1, (official version on website) the voltage reader gave me actual milivolt numbers. This one says + or - from 0. So like +68 or -10 meaning that I'm adding or subtracting to the original voltage.
Is this one correct?

I don't use that version myself, unfortunately, but I would assume that is correct. You can enable voltage monitoring in the graph to see what it changes to when the clock speed goes into 3D mode.

and11590

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Ya I just uninstalled that version and installed the older one. The newer one weren't changing voltages so when I tried OC, it would show artifacts. Weird....

Thanks though

Status
Not open for further replies.