Monitor - photo editing?

I'm interested in opinions / recommendations for monitors for photo
editing. I can hire gear for monitor colour calibration. I'm interested
in good amateur gear - not high end (= expensive) stuff.
Sony Trinitron - or monitors with Trinitron tubes have been recommended,
as has a general "stay away from LCD". I expect that the larger the
better, but I would rather have a great 17" or 19", than a not so good 21".
7 answers Last reply
More about monitor photo editing

    In article <1112675925.835714@ftpsrv1>, nomailplease@nomail.com says...
    > I'm interested in opinions / recommendations for monitors for photo
    > editing. I can hire gear for monitor colour calibration. I'm interested
    > in good amateur gear - not high end (= expensive) stuff.
    > Sony Trinitron - or monitors with Trinitron tubes have been recommended,
    > as has a general "stay away from LCD". I expect that the larger the
    > better, but I would rather have a great 17" or 19", than a not so good 21".

    My 19" Sony packed in, after 30 months use, at the turn of the year. I
    presume I was just unlucky - CRT's are like light bulbs, they can last
    for ages or go very quickly. I've replaced it with a 19" Mitsubishi
    Diamond Plus 93sb which also uses trinitron tubes. Very pleased with it.
    I was tempted (because they're so sexy) to go for a LCD - the Viewsonic
    ones are good at reasonable prices - but they all still have the problem
    of changing brightness and contrast as you move your head from side to
    side or up and down. That makes them next to useless for serious graphics
    work IMO.

    --
    Michaelangelo
    www.mikenagel.co.uk

    Accessible, self-catering, holiday
    accommodation for physically disabled people
    www.woodhead-cottage.co.uk

    One of my Sony Trinitron monitors now had a red colour cast, but the other
    is fine. Good monitors, but the one which has failed isn't that old.

    IMO, decent CRT monitors are still better that LCD.

    "Frederick" <nomailplease@nomail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm interested in opinions / recommendations for monitors for photo
    > editing. I can hire gear for monitor colour calibration. I'm interested
    > in good amateur gear - not high end (= expensive) stuff.
    > Sony Trinitron - or monitors with Trinitron tubes have been recommended,
    > as has a general "stay away from LCD". I expect that the larger the
    > better, but I would rather have a great 17" or 19", than a not so good
    21".

    [top post fixed]

    "Giulia" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > One of my Sony Trinitron monitors now had a red colour cast, but the other
    > is fine. Good monitors, but the one which has failed isn't that old.
    >
    > IMO, decent CRT monitors are still better that LCD.

    I have a NEC MultiSync LCD 2180UX and it's the best monitor I've ever seen,
    CRT or TFT!
    That 21.3 real inches. (CRT size usually indicates the tube's diagonal, in
    which case the useful real estate is up to 2 inches smaller.)
    Not cheap though :-(

    Frederick wrote:

    > I'm interested in opinions / recommendations for monitors for photo
    > editing. I can hire gear for monitor colour calibration.

    I'm real happy with my hyundia F910 and it was cheap. One thing to look for,
    make SURE you can set the RGB balance via sliders in hardware on the
    monitor. if it doesn't have this adjustment, that's a bad sign!

    --

    Stacey

    In article <3bhc79F698d70U2@individual.net>, fotocord@yahoo.com says...
    > Frederick wrote:
    >
    > > I'm interested in opinions / recommendations for monitors for photo
    > > editing. I can hire gear for monitor colour calibration.
    >
    > I'm real happy with my hyundia F910 and it was cheap. One thing to look for,
    > make SURE you can set the RGB balance via sliders in hardware on the
    > monitor. if it doesn't have this adjustment, that's a bad sign!

    I recommend the Pantone Spyder-Pro color correction setup. It does an
    excellent job of keeping my monitor on track.
  6. frederick said:

    I'm interested in opinions / recommendations for monitors for photo
    editing. I can hire gear for monitor colour calibration. I'm interested
    in good amateur gear - not high end (= expensive) stuff.
    Sony Trinitron - or monitors with Trinitron tubes have been recommended,
    as has a general "stay away from LCD". I expect that the larger the
    better, but I would rather have a great 17" or 19", than a not so good 21".

    24-inch and above screen size are the best for photo editing. Here are top products that are most recommended for photo editing; Dell UltraSharp U2412M, ASUS PA248Q, ViewSonic VX2770SMH-LED, ASUS PB278Q, Dell U2713HM, ViewSonic VP2770.

    There are cheaper ones that cost below $200 (for those with tight budgets) such as; ASUS VS239H-P, AOC i2367Fh, ViewSonic VX2370SMH-LED, HP Pavillion 23xi, AOC e2050Swd.
  7. Try Asus VX239H 23″ WLED IPS Monitor. This is what I'm using now and its very nice.

Photo Trinitron Monitors Cameras