Sign in with
Your question

[HELP] Really Need help regarding my ASUS motherboard :( ,

Last response: in Motherboards
October 12, 2012 6:19:31 AM

Quote:
Saved money from 2 years and finally Built my RIG but turned faulty :( 

Hello Tomshardware , i am here coz a friend of mine recommended me this forum.
Any help is very very much appreciated .
I recently bought a motherboard ASUS P8H61-M LX Rev 2.0 and its not working , i have tried everything and whatever is left and still was not able to make it work.
What i did first was i installed it inside my cabinet ( Cooler master Elite 431) and screwed my MOBO and then installed Processor , double checked every cables the 24 pin , the atx 12v , and everything was perfect . when i powered up the mobo via my cabinet's power button which was of course secured properly to the front panel connectors , my Mobos Green LED started lighting up but nothing happened. The Heatsink stays like that , even my Power Supply Unit Fans are not moving , it just stays like Dead ( though the Green LED lights up) please let me know what to do ? I am really very depressed :( 

Things i have already tried
1) to make sure whether my PSU ( seasonic s12ii 520 w) works or not ? i have hot fired it and it works perfect , so no problem with PSU.
2) I shorted the front panel pwr_btn pins of the motherboard with a screwdriver and still its not working .
3)since i had a doubt that the stand offs are making earthing , i took the motherboard out and tried outside cabinet , still not working.
4) since i had a doubt the PCB of the mobo might be disturbed i looked the PCB in sunlight closely and there was not a single scratch to it.

I dont know what to do :(  really very sad i am coz this was my dream PC which took me 2 years to build from money i saved.

Any help is really apperciated.

I started doubting whether there will be problem with my processor ( Core i5 3450 ) or not ? will that be the problem?

or do i need to make a bios update to atleast start my heatsink to spin? I dont think so :/ 

please HELP.

More about : asus motherboard

a c 478 V Motherboard
a c 118 Ĉ ASUS
October 12, 2012 6:32:15 AM

the h61 mb wont post without a firmware update for the ib chips. you need a x77 chipset if you want the mb to post without flashing it first.
m
l
October 12, 2012 6:34:24 AM

smorizio said:
the h61 mb wont post without a firmware update for the ib chips. you need a x77 chipset if you want the mb to post without flashing it first.

IT wont even turn on or atleast make the heat sink fans spin ?? tell me
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
October 12, 2012 6:38:51 AM

he did tell you. read it again maybe? you need a sandy bridge chip to burn a new bios.
m
l
October 12, 2012 6:40:35 AM

daswilhelm said:
he did tell you. read it again maybe? you need a sandy bridge chip to burn a new bios.

but the H61 mobo Rev 2.0 says it supports 3rd generation IB.. so it wont support this processor out of the box? so i need a BIOS update ? i am really new into this.

what does it really means that " it wont post" does it mean that it wont even fire up? like it wont even spin the heatsink fans ?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 12, 2012 6:51:09 AM

yes, post is "Power On Self Test". then you get into the bios, wich you cant reach, because when your motherboard was manufactured, the ivy bridge chips weren't out yet. so your motherboard does support it, but you need to update your bios first.

you can get a sandy bridge chip to use to update, or return your motherboard for a 7x series chipset.

if you live near a microcenter, they sell pentium g chips for 50bucks. you could use that to update your bios, and then sell it on ebay or hold for who-knows-what.
m
l
October 12, 2012 6:54:12 AM

daswilhelm said:
yes, post is "Power On Self Test". then you get into the bios, wich you cant reach, because when your motherboard was manufactured, the ivy bridge chips weren't out yet. so your motherboard does support it, but you need to update your bios first.

you can get a sandy bridge chip to use to update, or return your motherboard for a 7x series chipset.

if you live near a microcenter, they sell pentium g chips for 50bucks. you could use that to update your bios, and then sell it on ebay or hold for who-knows-what.

Thanks a lot sir for the answer , i guess i will take the motherboard to the nearest ASUS service centre and tell them to flash the bios for me.

sorry for asking the same question again.. so it wont post means that my motherboard will act as if its dead by just turning on the Green LED and nothing happens right?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 12, 2012 7:05:08 AM

yes.
m
l
!