[SOLVED] Cat5 to usb converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm14

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Hello,
Similar question. I have an HP 4600hdn printer with cat 5 output. New Apple operating system (Snow Leopard) won't print to it. If I use this adapter will I be able to print from my MacPro (USB) to the printer (cat 5)??
Thanks!
Norm

Solution
It's a long story, but after 2 hours w/Mac tech, and no success I stumbled onto solution. Do a File/Print and select "Add Printer." For IP setting use HP Jetdirect - Socket. To get "Address" you have to print out "Printer Information" under the "Information" menu on the HP4600 printer. It works great. It would have saved me mega hours if the tech guy would have told me this. The printer just does not show up on it's own. Just because they support the printer doesn't mean it's automatic -- in fact, anything but. Hopefully this will help someone else.
Norm

Norm14

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
It's a long story, but after 2 hours w/Mac tech, and no success I stumbled onto solution. Do a File/Print and select "Add Printer." For IP setting use HP Jetdirect - Socket. To get "Address" you have to print out "Printer Information" under the "Information" menu on the HP4600 printer. It works great. It would have saved me mega hours if the tech guy would have told me this. The printer just does not show up on it's own. Just because they support the printer doesn't mean it's automatic -- in fact, anything but. Hopefully this will help someone else.
Norm

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.