Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help Finding out why its doing this!!

Last response: in Memory
Anonymous
October 12, 2012 3:57:26 PM

Hello I'm having a hard time trying to figure out on Window 7 the Windows Experience Index

My Ram used to be Rated 7.4 now its showing 5.9 can anyone help me why this is doing this idk if my Ram is going Badd or whatt??? Just bought this Ram bout Couple Months ago & it Still shows on Cpu-Z that its 4gb & Dram Freq is 672.2mhz idk if that correct?? It shows My Ram as a Low Performance which I dont understand why when it used to be 7.4

More about : finding

a b } Memory
October 12, 2012 4:02:32 PM

Windows experience index is NOT an accurate nor a good benchmark. so don't worry about it. It your system running slower?
m
l
Related resources
October 12, 2012 4:05:12 PM

windows 7 has a built in "windows memory diagnostic"
if you click start and type "windows memory diagnostic" and hit enter and choose to run now or the next time you restart and that can help you check the health of your ram.

WEI Frequently asked questions

m
l
Anonymous
October 12, 2012 4:05:55 PM

oh ya well it does when im in game on Battlefield 3 & it slows my system what not & after I close out game everything acts like there no ram in it or something & Norton also Tells me Performance Alert on my Ram shows it taken up 5,000 something mb being used highlighted Red showing low performance but without gaming it runs fine so idk
m
l
Anonymous
October 12, 2012 4:16:51 PM

the great randini said:
windows 7 has a built in "windows memory diagnostic"
if you click start and type "windows memory diagnostic" and hit enter and choose to run now or the next time you restart and that can help you check the health of your ram.

WEI Frequently asked questions

Ya thanks the for the heads up I did what you told me to do & it Restarted & just a sec ago it said no Errors or anything anything detected?? So not to worry bout anything then cause that confuse me went from 7.4 to 5.9 & its highlighted blue showing low performance
m
l
a b } Memory
October 12, 2012 4:46:16 PM

The only thing that could cause this behavior of the RAM score going down like this is if one of the sticks of RAM is faulty or not fitted correctly. Does your computer show the correct amount of memory? try removing and refitting the memory.
m
l
October 12, 2012 4:49:17 PM

i dug a bit and found
"any software with filter drivers (antivirus or anti malware software) can cause the wei score to lower the tests will take longer to run due to the additional IRPs needed to service those filter drivers for every single I/O request on the system (thus lowering the scores for things like disk, memory, and CPU). "

another thought i would right click on my computer and select manage check for driver updates on you components, i found treads that said some realtek audio driver updates corrected the drop, i would assume that if a realtek driver could cause a drop so could others...
m
l
Anonymous
October 12, 2012 5:01:12 PM

the great randini said:
i dug a bit and found
"any software with filter drivers (antivirus or anti malware software) can cause the wei score to lower the tests will take longer to run due to the additional IRPs needed to service those filter drivers for every single I/O request on the system (thus lowering the scores for things like disk, memory, and CPU). "

another thought i would right click on my computer and select manage check for driver updates on you components, i found treads that said some realtek audio driver updates corrected the drop, i would assume that if a realtek driver could cause a drop so could others...

oh ya hmm that is weird lol & when i went to my computer & went into manage & went into device manager its showing Other Devices ....... Sm Bus Controller..... I try to update it & it wont install or update driver idk what Sm bus means??
m
l
Anonymous
October 12, 2012 5:04:11 PM

& I have been having Problems with my Audio on my Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 motherboard like when Im in Game the Audio Crashes & I have to Restart my Computer & it does just fine it does it every once in awhile!! Just got this System not this long ago
m
l
Anonymous
October 12, 2012 5:06:17 PM

pjmelect said:
The only thing that could cause this behavior of the RAM score going down like this is if one of the sticks of RAM is faulty or not fitted correctly. Does your computer show the correct amount of memory? try removing and refitting the memory.

ya well I just bought this Ram not this long ago & went I installed it correctly & it gave me Score 7.4 in the Index now its only 5.9 & on Cpu-Z it showing its 4gb & Dram Freq is 672.2mhz & Timing is 7-7-7-21
m
l
Anonymous
October 12, 2012 5:14:27 PM

the great randini said:
download from here not sure your os version try chipset and audio
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...
what kind of ram ill check the correct timing that you can set in the bios

Srry I have Window 7 Ultmate 64 bit & what do I need to download again & reinstall?? I have the Hd4000 installed my cpu is that the chipset & I give audio a another try again & see whats sup
m
l
Anonymous
October 12, 2012 5:16:23 PM

here my Ram & I never did set anything in the bios bout the Ram just clicked the profile 1 & it went to 1333
m
l
a b } Memory
October 12, 2012 5:24:01 PM

For SB the default ram speedis 1333.
Selecting using XMP, then profile one should run the ram at its manuf spec.
Didn't chatch, did that fix your problem, if NOT doulbe check that it is running in daul chanle mode, not single channel.

Also, for checking Ram, Prime95 is an excellent program.
m
l
Anonymous
October 12, 2012 5:27:56 PM

the great randini said:
download from here not sure your os version try chipset and audio
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...
what kind of ram ill check the correct timing that you can set in the bios

Ok Bud I updated Chipset Drivers & Audio Drivers now that other device thing went away :D 
m
l
Anonymous
October 12, 2012 5:32:58 PM

RetiredChief said:
For SB the default ram speedis 1333.
Selecting using XMP, then profile one should run the ram at its manuf spec.
Didn't chatch, did that fix your problem, if NOT doulbe check that it is running in daul chanle mode, not single channel.

Also, for checking Ram, Prime95 is an excellent program.

What is XMP?? & I had it on Profile 1 & it read 1333mhz someone told me to do this but not sure if you're suppose to do that that away?? & On Cpu-z it shows the following

type DDR3
size 4096 MB Channels Dual

Dram Freq 672.6mhz going up & down
Fsb Dram 1.5
Cas lat 7.0 clocks
Ras to Cas 7 clocks
Ras precharge 7 clocks
cycle time 21 clocks
command rate 1t
m
l
a b } Memory
October 12, 2012 6:38:43 PM

1) XMP (and EPP). what is is, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_Presence_Detect#Ext...

Generally. memory modules have several profiles stored. You can see them if you look at the two memory tabs in CPU-Z. First tab shows what it is running at, 2nd Tab is what is stored on the Module.
Most BIOS have a Bios entry for Using XMP and a 2nd selection for using the desired profile (normally 1 which is what the manuf normally quotes as specs).

ON channels, it does show Daul, so good there.

The 1333 is Equivalant speed and twice the Ram Frequency applied. DDR - Reason is it works on both leading an lagging edge of the puls (SDR only worked on the leading edge hense it is twice a fast using the same input frequence. Bus freq is ONLY 333 and 2 X 333 = 667, But then the 2 says works in daul channel mod (Really means in parallel). So Now you get the 2 x 667 for 1333. 4 Times faster than133 SDR RAM
m
l
Anonymous
October 12, 2012 6:56:25 PM

oh ya so is that good is my settings correct do I have to change anything in the bios?? & when I went to Cpu-z Spd & click on the memory slot number #2 & #4 tells me my memory info is it suppose to be on 1 & 3 the Ram on the Slot on mobo?? Cause I have it on 1 2 & there 3 and 4 on the mobo no ram on it just 1 & 2
m
l
October 12, 2012 8:33:25 PM

if you go 1 and 3 you may see a performance boost
m
l

Best solution

a b } Memory
October 13, 2012 3:22:03 AM

Need to check your MB manual. It will state which slot are prefered.
Many MBs even color code the slots.
My gigabite board uses 1 and 3 when only one pair of memory modules are used.
Slot 0 and 2 are if 4 sticks are used. Slot 0 is normally the one closest to the CPU. NOT all MBs use the same convention, reaso need to check your manual.
Anonymous
October 17, 2012 9:20:27 PM

Sorry to me long to get back ya I checked my Manual & it told me to put it on 1 & 2 match the colors since im only using 2 Memory Sticks so its still Rated 5.9 in the index & when I have been playing bf3 Today it like Jumps Really Bad off & on for like min or 2 idk why???
m
l
Anonymous
October 18, 2012 10:53:25 PM

Best answer selected by raildawg.
m
l
February 17, 2013 10:09:04 PM

Anonymous said:
Hello I'm having a hard time trying to figure out on Window 7 the Windows Experience Index

My Ram used to be Rated 7.4 now its showing 5.9 can anyone help me why this is doing this idk if my Ram is going Badd or whatt??? Just bought this Ram bout Couple Months ago & it Still shows on Cpu-Z that its 4gb & Dram Freq is 672.2mhz idk if that correct?? It shows My Ram as a Low Performance which I dont understand why when it used to be 7.4

ive been looking for info on the same problem. Glad ive found some1 having the same problem but also sad for you because i know how bad you feel haha i know windows rating is rubbish but for me its just the point my memory was rating 7.4 and now its like its stuck on 5.9. I must of rebooted my pc a million times tryng all sorts of things the only thing i will say is mine does seem abit slow on boot up now. Ive tried memtest and no faults after 10 passes.
m
l
a b } Memory
February 18, 2013 1:34:02 AM

You are better off opening your own new thread. Might reference this one.
m
l
!