Upgrading after 2 months, Mobo ?

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
I'm pretty good when it comes to CPU's & GPU's, but I've been doing research all morning trying to find the answers I need for this upgrade.

My current rig is in my Sig, built almost 2 months ago. I'm upgrading because I have the funds to do so now and with the current deal on the i5-3570K, I can't pass it up.

So here's what I'm looking at:
i5-3570K $200
Motherboard ????
CM 212 Plus $30 ($20 after MIR)

That currently puts me at $230 for CPU & HS. I need to keep the Mobo under $125. The cheaper the better. The rest of my system will remain the same for the time being.

Q&A for you guys:
Will I be OC'ing the CPU? Yes.
Will I be OC'ing the GPU? Yes.
Am I switching my RAM? No.
Will I be running X Fire / SLI in the future? No.
You do realize the Radeon 6850 will bottleneck the i5-3570K? Yes but I'm upgrading my weakest components right now
ATX or MATX? Doesn't matter

I'm also not partial to any one brand, I'm just looking for what you Mobo guru's suggest. I know that the Z77 is a must for X Fire / SLI but I won't be running either, I stick to single GPU. I'm pulling the trigger tomorrow morning if the deal is still on for the 3570K.

ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
$149.99 and a $20 rebate making the final price $129.99.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837

Just like your deal on the i5-3570k this is also a good deal and yes it's a Z-77 board but the thing is value and your getting a lot of features here maybe some you won't use and some you will but they will still be there is case there is a situation that changes your mind. Also the second Pci-e slot is there , again with not knowing the future dor sure if something were to change your mind and you wanted that extra slot then it's there. This is only $5 over your budget.