Sign in with
Your question

I wish I could connect to WiFi with my toshiba laptop

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 12, 2011 1:06:25 PM

Hello,
I used to be able to connect to the wireless network at the library, now I can't.

I icon in the lower screen shows I have good signal, When I click it on, the pop up window says that it's connected.

There used to be a window that would pop up and ask me to enter my library card and pass to login- but not anymore.

I don't have a cd-

is there someone that could explain in ENGLISH PLAIN ENGLISH (NOT @#$%%^*) what I may have to do to correct this.

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Thanking you in advance,

DMMackay
a b D Laptop
February 12, 2011 3:09:36 PM

It might help if we could know which OS you are using
m
l
February 27, 2011 6:23:05 PM

Ererald,

Thank you for your Quary,
I have a used-
I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop- A40 S-161
I use Windows Server 2003

Most/all of the music/pictures, etc. are of no use to me.

I don't have a CD, Or Restore Program- but if I could, I would erase it all and restore it- to perhaps the factory settings.

I am not Computer Literate, and although I try to stress it, if you have any suggestions, it would be quite helpful if you could tell me in plain English how or what to try to do.

ie.
Click Start
Click On Control Panel
(Right/Left)Click etc.

I believe I have some problems with drivers. Outdated perhaps.

When I try suggestions to sites, There seems to be little problems with download -Besides Being Slow (Dial Up). However when I download these Programs, etc. and scan- usually to correct problems, I am asked to enter the Authorization Key-Basically to Pay for A Perscription- Which I cannot. Regreatfully.

I would like to be able to pay to get rid of my headaches.

Also, there seems to be a number of people getting emails from me. Emails that I am not Sending, To them or myself, and therefore I believe I have a Virus.

Thanks for you Help Emerald,

Darren

m
l
Related resources
!