Urbz

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
hi there

I wanna start by apologizing for opening another thread on OC the i5-2500k.....my reasons are the next.

i read few threads on oc the chip but all the boards are asus p....something , i never oc in my life ,i went in my bios but i dont know where to start
my motherboard its a Asus maximus IV gene-z ....pls if somebody can point me or tell me exactly how to oc on this bios that would be great...

specs: mobo Asus max 4 gene-z
cpu i5-2500k
corsair h100
gskill sniper 1866mhz
antec high current gamer 750w
radeon 6950 2gb

pls help me out here and give me the exact names for what i need to change...and how much

thx for ur imput and time.

ulillillia

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
This depends on what BIOS software your motherboard has. If it's the Award BIOS, use the "motherboard intelligent tweaker", the top left option. You'll find something relating to a ratio or multiplier here. Adjust this to set the clock. The 2500K has 33x for the default clock, if I recall. To overclock, use a number greater than 33. To underclock, use a number less than 33. With overclocking may come voltage changes. I don't exactly know the methods for overclocking, but I know that a lower voltage is optimal. Thus, use the lowest voltage you can for your clock speed and still keep system stability. The higher the overclock, the higher the voltage needs to be. Do not exceed 1.5 volts. Stay under 1.4 if at all possible. The default is 1.3, if I recall.