Help Choosing a Gaming keyboard

So I would like to get a keyboard for FPS's, RTS's and RPG's but have no clue what a good keyboard to get would be. I don't want to spend over $100 AUD so I will be Buying from this store http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf
So far I'm looking at a:
Tt Esports Challenger $46
Logitech G110 $58
Logitech G510 $87 (would the LCD be able to show APM, current and average with a mod or something)
Razer Arctosa $46
MS X6 $65
Does anyone have previous experience's with any of these keyboards and how would you rate them for:
Sound
Build quality
Ease of use
Performance
Feature's/Gimmicks
15 answers Last reply
More about help choosing gaming keyboard
  1. I have a G110,MS X4,and a Razer Lycosa.
    I prefer the G110 = good build quality,full size keys and layout,a little loud
    MS X4 = good build quality and quiet
    Razer = will not recommend,build quality isn't nearly as good as Logitech or MS.
  2. I just got the Razer Lycosa and I absolutely love it! I'd definitely recommend it. I was debating between this and the G110, but decided to go with the Lycosa and I don't have any regrets.
  3. I was leaning towards the G510 but does that have any real edge over the G110 besides the LCD screen?
  4. I got the deathadder mouse and lycosa keyboard. Now there are a lot of awesome keyboards out there, I would go with the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 it the best!
  5. redeemer said:
    I got the deathadder mouse and lycosa keyboard. Now there are a lot of awesome keyboards out there, I would go with the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 it the best!

    Yeah I would get that but MSY doesn't sell them, I've head great things about that key board; I've heard a lot of bad stuff about the lycosa.
  6. i'm using starcraft 2 set, i recommend those because they look cool
  7. solexcalibur said:
    i'm using starcraft 2 set, i recommend those because they look cool

    That would go over my budget though, besides I would get a mechanical keyboard like the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate instead of that keyboard.
  8. I recently got the SideWinder X6 and I very much enjoy it. A good comparison to how it types is like a laptop keyboard with more sturdy keys. I'm addicted to Borderlands at the moment and it works great for that game. I haven't run into the supposed ghosting involving crouching, walking forward, and reloading so that's all I have to say about that. Even though I'm not playing any MMORPGs or RTS's I enjoy the fact that I can have up to 90 programmed macros and the software it comes with, IntelliType, has a simple enough interface to do exactly what you need it to do. I also love the detachable number keypad and the calculator button. The illumination is a red color and the intensity is controlled by a turning knob so you can have anywhere from 0% to 100% intensity, it is quite bright at 100% in the nighttime. There's also other features that I use on it but any reviews on it will mention them.

    Is there anyway you can test the keyboards out in-store before buying? I think that's the best way to figure out if you like it or not.
  9. I don't own a Razer keyboard but if their Mice are anything to go by I would keep the box and receipt as any product Ive had from them breaks before its time.

    I would go Logitech purely because they have a reputation of quality products.
  10. udg said:
    I don't own a Razer keyboard but if their Mice are anything to go by I would keep the box and receipt as any product Ive had from them breaks before its time.

    I would go Logitech purely because they have a reputation of quality products.

    Yeah I've read many articles about Razer keyboards and seen many youtube videos of damged ones.
  11. Bigbird1000 said:
    I was leaning towards the G510 but does that have any real edge over the G110 besides the LCD screen?

    Other then the screen,they're the same board..
    From personal experience i suggest you stay away from Razer products.
    Both my Razer products had issues and required rma's.
    Razer needs to step up,quality wise.
  12. davcon said:
    Other then the screen,they're the same board..
    From personal experience i suggest you stay away from Razer products.
    Both my Razer products had issues and required rma's.
    Razer needs to step up,quality wise.

    So I've been looking around seeing what the screen does and there are some ok widgets but I can't find anything starcraft 2 wise and if thats the case i'll most certainly be going for the G110.
  13. Anyone know of a cheap Mechanical keyboard, say under $50
  14. Not unless you can somehow buy a used mechanical keyboard.
  15. Engima said:
    Not unless you can somehow buy a used mechanical keyboard.

    Okay so I guess I will be buying the G110.
    Thank you to all people who contributed and gave some feedback on the keyboards
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Keyboards Logitech Components