Sign in with
Your question

ASUS M4A87TD EVO audio issue

Last response: in Motherboards
October 13, 2012 2:47:54 AM

I have an ASUS M4A87TD EVO. It came with Via HD Audio deck. It seems like this doesn't support auto audio output switching. For example, if I use a headphone and then unplug it, it doesn't automatically switch to my monitor's HDMI speakers. Anyone know if there's any way to make this work? Thanks in advance.
a c 116 Ĉ ASUS
a c 462 V Motherboard
October 13, 2012 3:54:29 AM

zeroyb said:
I have an ASUS M4A87TD EVO. It came with Via HD Audio deck. It seems like this doesn't support auto audio output switching. For example, if I use a headphone and then unplug it, it doesn't automatically switch to my monitor's HDMI speakers. Anyone know if there's any way to make this work? Thanks in advance.

have you tried the newer drivers.
http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp
chipset is 1818
m
l
October 13, 2012 6:57:52 PM

I went to the site before. I was going to, but then didn't bother because the driver was dated Oct 2010. If I remember correctly, it already came with a more updated driver than that.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 143 V Motherboard
October 13, 2012 8:31:38 PM

go to advance mode in via panel click on the screwdriver and wrench that open advance option boxpress redirect headphones ,activate front panel detect and cut speaker when headphones are in click ok and test that should work
m
l
!