ERROR after installing new card

KillahBees

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Hi,
I have installed a new video card (GeForce 8400 GS) and for some reason, my sound is not working. I also get a Rthdcpl.exe upon startup. How do I fix this?

What is the make and model number of the GeForce 8400 GS graphics card?

What is the make and model number of the motherboard and which slot did you insert the graphics card into?

RTHDCPL.EXE is the Realtek HD Audio Control Panel application.

KillahBees

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
EVGA Geforce 8400 GS 1GB DDR3. I have a HP Pavilion a1600n. I inserted the videocart in the PCIexpress slot. I've been looking around and saw a post that said I needed to download a UAA HD Audio Bus Driver? by the way I can't find this driver!

Since you can only use one audio device at any time you will have to disable/uninstall either the nVidia HD Audio device or the motherboard's on-board Realtek ALC 888 device.

The nVidia HD Audio device on the graphics card is used to provide the audio portion of the HDMI port signals.

If you want the UAA HD Audio Bus Driver you will have to obtain it from Microsoft.

TWI50P

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

I am having the exact same issue. I have been exchanging email support efforts from Nvidia customer care. This has been going on for about four weeks. I found the updates to the UAA HD Audio Bus Driver, but do not see where to find the reinstall process or driver.