Which camera would YOU buy if you have $300?

If you have $300, which digital camera would you buy?
10 answers Last reply
More about which camera

    How about the Canon SD300 (IXUS 40)? From the reviews I've read, it's
    the best camera in the $300 price range.

    On 5 Apr 2005 03:01:11 -0700, "Newbie" <chromallly@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >If you have $300, which digital camera would you buy?

    I just did this exercise yesterday, bought a Konica-Minolta Z10,
    but it only cost $187 (delivered). @ buydig.com

    "Newbie" <chromallly@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >If you have $300, which digital camera would you buy?

    Hard to tell. I'd check the offerings on dpreview.com . Things to
    consider are effective zoom range, sensitivity, F number of lense,
    megapixels, memory card type.

    Cross check with ebay to see if there is a decent deal out there since
    many people like to finance upgrades by selling the old camera.

    A lot of this depends on you and your needs. Just to put something
    out there a minolta dimage z1 might be in the ball park if you like to
    shoot both near and far and 3MP on SD cards appeals to you.

    No, I don't own one, never had one but my uncle has one and he likes
    it. The other day he was sure that my Sony V3 7MP camera had to be
    better for bird shots than his. Well not really. He has a 10x zoom
    and 3MP. I have a 4x zoom, a 1.7x tele attachment and 7mp. Works out
    close enough to be the same.

    There you have it, a suggestion which is a challenge to others to
    knock it down and offer a better choice.

    HTH,

    Wes