Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Graphic card requirement for 42" full HD LCD MONITOR

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 25, 2011 10:07:02 PM

hi,
please help me. i have 42" LG FULL HD LCD Tv. i want it to use it as monitor. i'm going to buy a CPU. what graphic card reqirement will be? please suggest some products. any other thing which will be used to set the system?
i want to get the maximum resolution possible for that 42" full HD LCD screen. also for gaming activity.....

my tv has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 Pixels, 150000:1 Dynamic contrast ratio.

thanx in advance....
July 25, 2011 10:18:20 PM

What do you plan to do on the computer, what you are going to use the computer for plays a difference in what graphics card anyone can recommend for you.
Score
0
July 25, 2011 10:28:57 PM

madtech01 said:
What do you plan to do on the computer, what you are going to use the computer for plays a difference in what graphics card anyone can recommend for you.


i want to get the maximum resolution possible for that 42" full HD LCD screen. also for gaming activity.....
Score
0
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 25, 2011 10:31:30 PM

The tv has the resolution not the graphics card, pretty much all cards that can connect should be able to do at least 1920x1200. Please let us know what resolution the TV is and what you plan to do and at what levels you are willing to accept
Score
0
July 25, 2011 10:48:46 PM

Which cpu model do you buy and can you tell us the rest of the system components?
What do you want to play with the system?

He already wrote that the 47" display have a resolution of 1920x1080 (Full HD).
For this a i5 2500k and a GTX 560 Ti Phantom or a GTX 570 together with 4 Gb or 8 Gb RAM would be great.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
July 25, 2011 11:48:44 PM

dome94 said:
Which cpu model do you buy and can you tell us the rest of the system components?
What do you want to play with the system?

He already wrote that the 47" display have a resolution of 1920x1080 (Full HD).
For this a i5 2500k and a GTX 560 Ti Phantom or a GTX 570 together with 4 Gb or 8 Gb RAM would be great.



if you read again he didn't say 1920x1080 19x12 can also be found with the words full HD beside them as can 2560x xxxx and he did say 42" TV not 47" ....42 "is most times 720P that's why I asked him to confirm.
Score
0
a c 358 U Graphics card
July 26, 2011 12:01:29 AM

spentshells said:
if you read again he didn't say 1920x1080 19x12 can also be found with the words full HD beside them as can 2560x xxxx and he did say 42" TV not 47" ....42 "is most times 720P that's why I asked him to confirm.


The OP stated he has a 42" LCD TV, that automatically means it is 1920x1080. Typically if a LCD TV is at least 32", then it is 1920x1080.

If it were a 42" Plasma TV, then it could be either 1024x768 or 1920x1080.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2011 12:02:19 AM

jaguarskx said:
The OP stated he has a 42" LCD TV, that automatically means it is 1920x1080. Typically if a LCD TV is at least 32", then it is 1920x1080.

If it were a 42" Plasma TV, then it could be either 1024x768 or 1920x1080.


that automatically means it is 1920x1080 ? are you joking or serious here I can't tell.
Score
0
a c 358 U Graphics card
July 26, 2011 12:53:45 AM

Seriously.

There are 42" LCD displays that are 1366x768, but those are referred to a large format displays. They are not HDTVs; they are monitors.

The OP stated he has a 42" LCD TV or more precisely a 42" LCD HDTV.

Perhaps an older 42" LCD TV could be 1024x720 / 1366x768 resolution, but currently all modern (at least the past 3 years) 42" HDTVs are 1920x1080. At least all the ones that I have seen.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2011 12:59:55 AM

Fair enough.
Score
0
July 26, 2011 1:34:07 AM

dude, my tv has 1080p Full HD resolution.
Score
0
July 26, 2011 1:37:37 AM

my tv has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 Pixels, 150000:1 Dynamic contrast ratio
Score
0
July 26, 2011 1:40:45 AM

spentshells said:
Fair enough.


my tv has following features...


Features

It has 2 composite and component video output, 3 HDMI inputs, 1 USB port, 1 VGA input and 1AV output socket
It has 700 Watts (PMPO) audio output, 5 selectable sound modes, stereo playback and 10 speakers with woofers
It has 9 picture modes, black stretch, sharpness control and zoom
It has a 42” LCD screen with 100 channels
It has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 Pixels, 150000:1 Dynamic contrast ratio
It has brightness of 500 cd/m2 and brightness sensor
It has cable tuner S band, VHF, UHF and tuning is with remote
It has response time 2 ms (Milliseconds), aspect ratio is 16:9, 3D comb filter and noise reducer
The dimensions are Width 1105 mm, Depth 102.6 mm, Height 652.7 mm and weight is 20.5 Kgs
The power requirement is 100 – 240 Volts and consumption is 210 Watts

Score
0
a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2011 1:50:44 AM

As the others said -- the size of the TV makes no difference at all to the video card it is the resolution that will determine what is needed -- my 23" monitor with a native resolution of 1920x1080 would require the exact same amount of graphics power as your 42" TV with 1920x1080 resolution. So just look at the benchmarks for cards using 1920x1080 resolution to get an idea of the performance you can get and what is needed.
Score
0
a c 358 U Graphics card
July 26, 2011 1:52:41 AM

What's your budget?
Score
0
July 26, 2011 2:01:18 AM

basically......i has started playing online poker. i presently use my laptop with 15" screen & 1280,800 pixels resolution. at this resolution i can play 4 tables windows at a time, tables windows being tiled (margins touches each other & become small size) & margins not overlapped, at pokerstars software. if i increase the no. of tables to 5 to 12, all table windows do accomodate at my screen, covering entire screen, but massively overlapped at each other across margins so that i can't view player's activity at all the table windows at same time. i only can view some portions of all table at a time & full view of upper table.
if i increase the no. of tables above 12....my screen doesn't tile that 13th table along with other 12 tables.
so i planned to go for big screen so that i can play more tables at a time.
i seen that no of tables depends on screen resolution. when i decreased the screen resolution of my laptop.....it only accomodated 2 table windows at screen being fully tiled & not overlapped. when i increase this to 4, then tables overlapped each other which doesn't happen in 1280, 800 pixel resolution. tables r clearly tiled in that.
Score
0
July 26, 2011 2:02:38 AM

jaguarskx said:
What's your budget?


there is no any restriction of budget but suggest me minimum possible.
Score
0
July 26, 2011 12:23:05 PM

you can connect you laptop to your hdtv, use a hdmi, vga or dvi cable
but for online poker - if you want a new system - this should be great

i3 2100
GA-HA65M-UD3H-B3
4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz CL9
Cougar A 400 Watt
Xigmatek Asgard II
DVD Device

418,718$

together with a Vertex 3, this should be fine.

@spentshells
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Vide...
Full HD means 1080p if you look at this ;) 
Score
0
July 26, 2011 12:29:33 PM

dome94 said:
you can connect you laptop to your hdtv, use a hdmi, vga or dvi cable
but for online poker - if you want a new system - this should be great

i3 2100
GA-HA65M-UD3H-B3
4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz CL9
Cougar A 400 Watt
Xigmatek Asgard II
DVD Device

418,718$

together with a Vertex 3, this should be fine.

@spentshells
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Vide...
Full HD means 1080p if you look at this ;) 



thanx dome94. but the budget u suggested is much for me. can u suggest the minimum possible?
Score
0

Best solution

July 26, 2011 12:50:52 PM

then you can use this:
AMD Athlon II X2 240e
ASUS M4A88T-M/USB3
4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz CL9
Cougar A 400 Watt
Xigmatek Asgard II
Vertex 3

this costs around
370$
if you use a HDD it costs 340$
but a SSD (Vertex 3) is more faster and silent than a hdd.
Share
July 26, 2011 1:03:17 PM

Best answer selected by ptpt4444.
Score
0
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 26, 2011 3:29:05 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!