compdude61

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Hello,
I installed a hard drive out of a DV6225us laptop & it loaded alot of driver's but all the usb's except one are not functioning at all & are not being recognized in Windows Vista Home Premium 32 but even when pluging in a device.
I had the baord sent out for the reflow procedure of the GPU coming unseated & it boots up fine to the screen now.
Waht would you recommend me doing to futhur test it?
Reinstall the other working original F700 hard drive & test it futhur & see what happen's?

compdude61

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
One other thing that's going on with it is after idling for a while the screen will black out but still has power to all the components & the harddrive is spinning normally.
It act's like it's in hibernation mode but I turned it off & have to shut it completely down & then boot it back up to get the screen active again.
I'm thinking maybe installing the hard drive out of a DV6225us laptop into a F700 might be the issue not installing all the driver's for the usb & some of the funtions it performs in Vista.
The only thing I know to do is reinstall the original harddrive back in the F700 & go from there & see what happens.
Need to know how to test the usb port's.
Have not had a chance to go into Device Manager to see if somethings up there.
Thank's!
Brent