Sound issues @ msi

elijah_

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
Hello,
My speakers are plugged in the rear, but as soon as I connect the headphones to the front panel, the speakers go mute..
I have the MSI Z77A-G45 and checked the option to make front and rear output devices play two diff audio stream simultaneously in the advanced settings, but that didn't help..
Any other idea?

elijah_

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
already did..
(also when I connect the rear plug when the headphones are already connected, the headphones will mute and the speakers will playback the sound)

That's how the crappy realtek works. You can play two DIFFERENT audio streams to different outputs at a time, but not the same stream to two outputs. That's most likely because it activates the headphone amplifier if you plug one in.

elijah_

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
oh wow :|
is it possible to make the headphones playback everything from realtek/front panel and add a soundcard for the speakers? Or will an additional soundcard still be linked to realtek?
Also it worked fine on my old computer, so is this a mainboard or driver version issue?

An additional soundcard will work, if you get one, that supports simultaneous output to line out an headphones. The card is then not linked to the realtek, because windows supports only one playback device at at time. Might be best to switch of the onboard sound in bios.