Your question

Problem with new card, drivers, or psu

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
July 26, 2011 5:22:15 AM

Hello,
My old grapchics card finally took a dive on me so I replaced it with a gtx 560ti
on a fresh install of windows. My problem is everytime I try to start my pc and
I get to windows it always gives me a error message video driver has stopped responding and an error comes up for open GL code 4 the screen keeps flashing on and off, so I hit the restart button and everything loads up fine and works great after that. Anyone know what the problem is?

My specs
msi p43 neo3 mobo
4 gigs ram
pny gtx 560ti
thermaltake tr2 rx550 power supply

More about : problem card drivers psu

a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2011 7:41:23 PM

What was your previous graphics card? Did you remember to use DriverSweeper to COMPLETELY remove all of your previous VGA drivers?

(get driversweeper from guru3d.com)
m
l
July 26, 2011 8:08:17 PM

Its on a fresh install so my hard drive should be wiped

previous card was an 8800gts 512
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 294 U Graphics card
July 26, 2011 8:12:45 PM

What driver version are you using and have you tried re installing it?
m
l
July 26, 2011 9:10:29 PM

Ive tried 3 different drivers on 2 fresh installs of windows right now Im using the beta drivers, its weird because I can hit the power button to turn it on and 5 seconds later hit the restart to avoid going to windows the first time and it works fine no
errors when it reaches windows. I tested my memory and its not that so maybe I think its something to do with the new card.

Looks like I will replace the card I bought it from Best buy The only other version of this card they sell is the nvidia reference card, It says that card needs a 500w power supply is it better to go with the nvidia branded card or wait for them to restock the pny

p.s. I would just get cash back and buy elsewhere but it was a giftcard
m
l
a c 294 U Graphics card
July 26, 2011 9:25:37 PM

It's an odd one this issue, I'm running a pair of 560Ti's in SLi on a 620w PSU and can't say that I've seen or read about this issue before.
m
l
!