G

I trying to decided on what brand/ kind of speakers I should get for my new PC. I want somthing that is at least a four piece set and is dobey digital 5.1 surround sound. I was looking at the creative labs DTT3500 digital speakers and the 2500 model. If someone could give me a few good pointers I would much appriecate it.

Thanks,
limeman

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have the DTT2500. I would recommend them. The 3500 are very expensive right now while the 2500 prices are down to make room for the 3500. Also, the only difference is that the 3500 has a remote control. The actual speakers and subwoofer are exactly the same. The reciever has been given a face lift but the functions are still the same. Not worth the big price tag.
Just my opinion.

G

I agree. I have the 2500's and they are awsome. Other than hooking your computer up to a reciever they are probably your best bet.

G

If you're interested and haven't seen them already, both of these sets and others are reviewed at <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com</A>. If you go to "reviews" and do search for "sound" you'll get a list of them.

Mike

G

I have the 2500 series of speakers to. They are AWESOME! You can here people walking around your head (well, i have the speakers mounted in a ceiling around my head) when I'm playing games and they just rule. If you buy a SBLIVE! Value card there is a direct digital connection to the speakers. The card is about $35 and the Speakers will be around $100 I think.

They are a great bargain. Try getting the speakers refurbished from egghead.com or ubid.com. Good Luck!

jclw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have the 2500 and love them. I think the biggest thing is speaker positioning. If your speakers are in crappy places you'll get crappy sound, no matter what speakers you buy.

BTW: the 2500s are really Dolby Digital 4.1 not 5.1, because they don't have a front center speaker, only the four corner ones. All in all 'tho, unless you have a huge room and 20 people watching a movie spreadout all over the room, Dolby 4.1 works just fine.