AsRock Z77 Error 53

JacobFreck

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
Hello,
I am building a desktop and am having trouble getting it to boot. The motherboard keeps giving me the number 53 error message on the Dr. Debug. The manual reads that this error is: "Memory installation error. No usable Memory detected."

I tried to insert the ram (1 dimm 8gb Corsair Value Select model number CMV8GX3M1A1333C9) into every slot with no luck. I noticed the manual says the black clip holders need to be snapped all the way back into the locked position, but when I push the ram all the way down and try to snap the clips, they still protrude slightly compared to the completely locked position. Don't know if that is of any significance.

I also took of the heatsink and removed the cpu to make sure all the pins were aligned and they seemed to be fine.

I can't figure out what the problem is and I don't have another desktop to test my memory on and I have no other RAM modules to test in my computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, you need to have the clips latched into the notches to assure the sticks seat all the way into the slot. Just press down on one end of the stick while pushing the clip with your finger till it snaps into the notch. Repeat with the other end. That, no doubt, is your memory problem.

Btw, you shouldn't remove the CPU cooler once it is installed. That causes the possibility of getting air pockets in the thermal compound. Technically, you should now clean the stuff from the two surfaces and apply new. But, from past experience, I'd venture to say you will probably be OK. Just don't get in the habit of doing it more than once.

Richard3rd

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
The memory module could simply be faulty.

And you might want to check if your CPU is supported by the BIOS version that is on your board. You can find a BIOS version printed on a sticker on the BIOS chip.