How can i make GT240 to work for display even i have GTX460

Status
Not open for further replies.

bala_12

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
Hello,I am working on CUDA C program with GTX460 and GT240. By default,program and display are processed from GTX460.But I have to get monitor display from GT240 alone.How can I do this? Will you help me ?

Solution
Should have the option in display properties -> settings and with the drop box there should be the option of choosing which graphics card to have run your monitor.

err that is for different monitors...

Go into the nvidia control panel and it should be in there. Not on my computer to see the exact path atm.

need4speeds

Distinguished
I think in the bios you have to set the pcie slot you want to be the one the computer starts with as the default one. It will have a option something like pcie 1 and pcie slot 2.

The other thing you could do instead of changing the bios settings is just swap the 2 cards so that the 240 is in slot #1 and the 460 in slot #2.

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
Should have the option in display properties -> settings and with the drop box there should be the option of choosing which graphics card to have run your monitor.

err that is for different monitors...

Go into the nvidia control panel and it should be in there. Not on my computer to see the exact path atm.

Solution

bala_12

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011

ya I got it...
Thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.