Solved

Help with choosing between motherboards please!!!

15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help choosing motherboards please
  1. Best answer
    The competition is really between the ASRock N68C-GS FX AM3+ and the GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2 AM3+, I would not recommend the ECS or the BIOSTAR since they are socket AM3, which only supports Phenom IIs, Athlon IIs, and some Semprons. If you are planning to use an AMD AM3+ CPU (such as the FX 4100, 6100, 8150, etc.) then you must choose between the ASRock and the GIGABYTE boards. If you are using an Phenom II, Athlon II, or any other AM3 CPU and really love either BIOSTAR or ECS, then I guess you could go with one of those.
    Other than that there are not many differences, the only differences I see is RAID configs supported, the ASRock supports Raid 5 while the Gigabyte does not. The other difference is USB IO connector count, the ASRock board has 2 USB I/O connectors compared to the Gigabyte board
  2. I would go with the GIGABYTE
  3. bigcyco1 said:
    I would go with the GIGABYTE

Why do you say that? While I know Gigabyte is a reliable motherboard company, ASRock is too.
    Oh and another difference: RAM support:
    The ASRock Support DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600
    by default but is limited to only 8GB max
    while the Gigabyte only supports DDR3 1066 natively with 1333 support if you OC
    but has double the max memory (16GB)
  4. If you like AsRock go with that mobo
  5. I think I'll go with the gigabyte. Thanks for the ideas guys :D
  6. Alright! Good luck on the build :)
  7. No problem!Enjoy your build.
  8. Crap I found another nice mobo! Which of these is better if either is? Gigabyte: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128564

Msi: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130657
  9. Also, can I use a quad core on both of these?
  10. I notice the MSI has all solid caps and the Gigabyte doesnt. Also, the MSI has more USB slots. The only negative aspect of the MSI seems to be its disgusting color, which doesn't matter XD
  11. Response please?!?!
  12. I don't think there is big difference. Choose the company you trust more
  13. r0aringdrag0n said:
    I don't think there is big difference. Choose the company you trust more

+1
  14. Alright thanks guys :D
  15. Best answer selected by ArcticWonder.
Ask a new question

Read More

ASRock Motherboards Product