Hi Guys

Heres my system specs

Intel DP67BG (LGA1366)
Intel Core i7 960 CPU
12gb Kingston HyperX ram in triple channel
HD6990 (PowerColour)
1000W Bliss power supply unit
1tb hdd etc

Im having issue with this card, its performance is very Spikey. Even in games like league of legends, heroes of newerth and world of warcraft im experiencing issues. Should i just warranty this card or is it really not good enough to run these games on ultra? (80-250 fps on League of Legends) Stable FPS on HoN but with a periodic seizing of graphics

I've tried overclocking it (safe ones recommended by sites like this) but ive still got this issue.

Should I warranty the card?

Cheers in advance!

Caleb Gillett

Solution
First, make sure you have the most recent video card drivers.

Then, grab some of the latest games available like Metro 2033 or Crysis 2 because your rig coupled with your card can run everything under the sun!

That said, the errors you are having may indeed be a problem with your graphics card.
The other likely possibility may be an issue with your Internet connection because you seem to be mainly playing MMORPG's. In other words, it may be a problem with the server side and not a problem with your computer.

But seriously, invest in some quality games! You've already made the investment for the HD 6990, not to mention the other components of your computer.
Many of the MMORPG games are more processor intensive than GPU intensive. I don't get super framerates with Rift and 2 580s, myself (50-70fps). On the other hand, I'm 90-130fps with BFBC2 multiplayer with every detail and AA cranked.

Have you tried a first-person shooter with the card yet?

Yeah. That's it. It's the nature of the beast. The MMORPG's just don't effectively utilize the processing power of the GPU(s). There could be any number of factors resulting in the drops in framerates for some of those games, but it's likely game or game server specific rather than a problem with your video card if you're getting the great performance with the shooters.

dragonic2020

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
First, make sure you have the most recent video card drivers.

Then, grab some of the latest games available like Metro 2033 or Crysis 2 because your rig coupled with your card can run everything under the sun!

That said, the errors you are having may indeed be a problem with your graphics card.
The other likely possibility may be an issue with your Internet connection because you seem to be mainly playing MMORPG's. In other words, it may be a problem with the server side and not a problem with your computer.

But seriously, invest in some quality games! You've already made the investment for the HD 6990, not to mention the other components of your computer.

Solution

smbtcomp

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Cheers guys! Good to know!

I was getting annoyed because my mate has a 2600 (first edition) Core i7 and his was loading slightly faster with a HD 5970 by MSI.

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.