v551 save to SIM?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
June 12, 2005 5:03:06 PM

Haven't had a phone with a SIM card. Considering switching from ATTWS
TDMA to GSM.

I read, not all but most, of the user manual for the v551 and I didn't
find information as to what information is automatically saved to the
SIM card and if there is additional info that one can save there. I
thought I read that one can put their address book on the SIM card.

Appreciate any education on this. Thanks.

--
Please send email to: nwhiii at yahoo dot com

More about : v551 save sim

June 12, 2005 8:26:02 PM

Norm wrote:
> Haven't had a phone with a SIM card. Considering switching from ATTWS
> TDMA to GSM.
>
> I read, not all but most, of the user manual for the v551 and I didn't
> find information as to what information is automatically saved to the
> SIM card and if there is additional info that one can save there. I
> thought I read that one can put their address book on the SIM card.
>
> Appreciate any education on this. Thanks.

When you're in your address book adding or changing an entry, there is a
'save to' function somewhere. Behind that is a choice to save to the
phone or the SIM. Keep in mind, only the bare details of an entry can
be saved on the SIM - many optional details can only be saved on the
phone's memory. The manual details the differences between the two
locations.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Also it is important to note when you change the location for a particular
contact that becomes the default location until you change it again.
Motorola builds good phones but will never win any awards for their manuals.

Fred

!