v551 save to SIM?

Haven't had a phone with a SIM card. Considering switching from ATTWS
TDMA to GSM.

I read, not all but most, of the user manual for the v551 and I didn't
find information as to what information is automatically saved to the
SIM card and if there is additional info that one can save there. I
thought I read that one can put their address book on the SIM card.

Appreciate any education on this. Thanks.

--
Please send email to: nwhiii at yahoo dot com
2 answers Last reply

    Norm wrote:
    > Haven't had a phone with a SIM card. Considering switching from ATTWS
    > TDMA to GSM.
    >
    > I read, not all but most, of the user manual for the v551 and I didn't
    > find information as to what information is automatically saved to the
    > SIM card and if there is additional info that one can save there. I
    > thought I read that one can put their address book on the SIM card.
    >
    > Appreciate any education on this. Thanks.

    When you're in your address book adding or changing an entry, there is a
    'save to' function somewhere. Behind that is a choice to save to the
    phone or the SIM. Keep in mind, only the bare details of an entry can
    be saved on the SIM - many optional details can only be saved on the
    phone's memory. The manual details the differences between the two
    locations.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Also it is important to note when you change the location for a particular
    contact that becomes the default location until you change it again.
    Motorola builds good phones but will never win any awards for their manuals.

    Fred

    "Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
    > Norm wrote:
    > > Haven't had a phone with a SIM card. Considering switching from ATTWS
    > > TDMA to GSM.
    > >
    > > I read, not all but most, of the user manual for the v551 and I didn't
    > > find information as to what information is automatically saved to the
    > > SIM card and if there is additional info that one can save there. I
    > > thought I read that one can put their address book on the SIM card.
    > >
    > > Appreciate any education on this. Thanks.
    > >

    > When you're in your address book adding or changing an entry, there is a
    > 'save to' function somewhere. Behind that is a choice to save to the
    > phone or the SIM. Keep in mind, only the bare details of an entry can
    > be saved on the SIM - many optional details can only be saved on the
    > phone's memory. The manual details the differences between the two
    > locations.
    >
    > --
    > jer
    > email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Cingular SIM Card Internet Service Providers