Systems Admin position available immediate NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnyday

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2002
The Art of System Administration

Do you know the difference between an Athlon 64 and an Opteron? How about performance characteristics between Raid 5 and Raid 10? How much of a speed increase can you expect from memory with 222 timings? What's the impact of ECC to memory performance?

We're looking for the kind of person that feels compelled to squeeze every ounce of computing power out of every machine. If the thought of working on high-performance servers with cutting edge technology, building super-secure, reliable, distributed systems makes you work up a sweat, we've got a job for you. We offer very competitive pay and a midtown manhattan location. We are a small software company. This is not spam I just thought the best and brightest would be on Tom's. If this is posted in the wrong spot please tell me

We want problem-solvers that know how to solve the toughest, most confusing hardware and software problems.

Helpful to know:
raid systems
optimizing and securing windows
overclocking
disk imaging technologies
installing linux and windows server applications

Send a cover letter describing your thought process in how you would solve a problem where your machine was hanging intermittently.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sunnyday on 04/08/05 10:55 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
Phishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
crash would rather complain about how expensive it is to move lol

go tell your alien brothers, that ronnie cordova says they're gay!!! <A HREF="http://sockbaby.com" target="_new"> sock baby </A>

Send a cover letter describing your thought process in how you would solve a problem where your machine was hanging intermittently.
I'd post on the Tomshardware guide forums, 99% of the time, the problem would be solved.

Is the job mine?

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Oh sure! You're going to build overclocked servers with low-latency ECC ram. You bet! They'll sell like hotcakes!
Cover letter? Just find the driver that's causing the problem.

Abit IS7 - 3.0C @ 3.6ghz - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - Yellowtail Merlot

Status
Not open for further replies.