How to change my user profile to the administrator

ajantha kandegama

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
my windows 7 PC have no administrator account, i did try to active to this method "cmd, run administrator ,net user administrator /active :yes. that time become this error system error 5 has ,
Please help me How can create my admin account

Welcome to Tom's hardware Forums!

Go to Control panel, Users. One account will have full admin rights. Use that account and then change other accounts the way you want them to be.

Be advised that it in not a good idea to browse the internet using a full admin account. Use a Standard account for such purposes.

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010

Hello Mr Ubrales, I'm searching for information of this problem. I was reading your post and wondering if you may have a solution.

I log onto my standard user account and want to switch to the Administrator account.
I log off the standard account (start/log off) which takes me to the Log In icons.
I click the Administrator Icon. The desktop opens for a moment then goes black. The computer stays on but no visual desktop.

Recent changes are I added a Killer Xeno Pro network card and updated to the latest drivers.

To try and correct the problem I have:
1. Deleted the Administrator password.
2. Disabled Killer Xeno network card from starting in "Start up programs", in msconfig.

Thanks