Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

$540 Gaming Machine

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 26, 2011 1:37:06 AM

Hello Tom's Hardware Forum Members. Recently I built my first Computer and I would like to share the parts
for reference for anyone building a inexspensive gaming comp. Keep in mind that this can max out modern games such as Deus Ex and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Here's the specs, What do you think?

$15 - Cooler Master Mid Tower Case ATX/MATX
$25 - Lite-On LightScribe 24x CD Drive
$40 - Western Digital 500GB HDD
$60 - AMD Athlon X2 255 (3.10 Ghz)
$20 - ASUS Wireless Netwok Adapter
$70 - Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD5670 1GB
$10 - Logitech S120 Speakers
$60 - Biostar A880G+ MATX Motherboard
$40 - Antec 380 Earthwatt
$200 - Dell Ultrasharp 2009W Widescreen (1680x1050)




More about : 540 gaming machine

September 26, 2011 2:31:07 AM

That is very impressive, thats $330 without the monitor and speakers. Very friggen impressive.

However I would suspect you would have to lower the settings significantly if you plan to play the new games such as Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, ect.
a b B Homebuilt system
September 26, 2011 2:50:38 AM

Nice build, but somethings are just overpriced such as the monitor. For $50 less, you can get a 1080p monitor or something even cheaper if you want a lower resolution. A wireless network card is not necessary unless you will not be using a wired connection. You can use the extra money and invest in a better CPU and GPU. Where exactly are you purchasing these items from?
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
September 26, 2011 4:21:46 PM

Horrible choices. Start here.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/phenom-ii-overclock...

Change mobo to a AM3+ mobo and your good to go for Bulldozer upgrade next year. Also change crucial ballistix to Gskill ripjaws ddr3-1600 1.5v.
20" monitor for $200? I think you can do a lot better than that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TIPQ2G/ref=ox_sc_a...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-H243Hbmid/11016956?wmlsp...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
September 26, 2011 6:06:20 PM

Captacha said:
Hello Tom's Hardware Forum Members. Recently I built my first Computer and I would like to share the parts
for reference for anyone building a inexspensive gaming comp. Keep in mind that this can max out modern games such as Deus Ex and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Here's the specs, What do you think?


Are you serious? If you mean Deus Ex 1, it's true but if you mean Deus EX: HR, that build won't be able to max it. I have a 9800GT on a res of 1280 x 1024 and it can only handle it at med. Yours is 1680 x 1050. I doubt it can max any modern game.
a b B Homebuilt system
September 26, 2011 7:10:22 PM

Yeah a X2 dual core and a 5670 are not going to max out anything modern.

Which is why I made a better suggestion for a build and said his choices were horrible imo.
September 26, 2011 10:47:36 PM

@geekapproved @ervinelim
I was actually playing AC: Brotherhhod and Deus Ex:HR Maxed Out a few days ago 1680x1050 with this computer.

@Pazero01 #Hauptmann1941
I'm urpgrading to a 6870 for BF3/Skyrim

@Abdullahg
I need a Wireless car cause I have a router, a friend gave me the monitor, and all the parts come from amazon.
a b B Homebuilt system
September 27, 2011 12:14:51 AM

Captacha said:
@geekapproved @ervinelim
I was actually playing AC: Brotherhhod and Deus Ex:HR Maxed Out a few days ago 1680x1050 with this computer.

@Pazero01 #Hauptmann1941
I'm urpgrading to a 6870 for BF3/Skyrim

@Abdullahg
I need a Wireless car cause I have a router, a friend gave me the monitor, and all the parts come from amazon.

So the monitors free? Though the build itself is fine in it's own way, I would save up money if I were you.
a b B Homebuilt system
September 27, 2011 5:16:46 PM

Captacha said:
@geekapproved @ervinelim
I was actually playing AC: Brotherhhod and Deus Ex:HR Maxed Out a few days ago 1680x1050 with this computer.


That's great. Brotherhood and Deus Ex must be very low graphically demanding games, cause I can think of a bunch of games that are 5yrs old that system could not even play on low settings.
September 27, 2011 8:14:31 PM

geekapproved said:
That's great. Brotherhood and Deus Ex must be very low graphically demanding games, cause I can think of a bunch of games that are 5yrs old that system could not even play on low settings.


Can you tell me? I'd like to try them out, besides Crysis of course.
a b B Homebuilt system
September 28, 2011 5:49:35 PM

STALKER: CLEAR SKY will make your computer cry for help.
!