Questions about XFX HD 5770

schpen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
Okay, well ill start by telling you my specs..

AMD Ahtlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ 2.7ghz
2gb ram
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Antec 650w PSU
XFX Radeon HD 5770
Running at 1024*768(I have a crappy monitor)

Okay well what I was gonna ask is, why when I go to my catalyst control center, it shows my Current Value for GPU clock is only 400mhz. That just seems really low.. and it doesnt seem like im getting what I should out of my video card.. And like I said,im running at a very low resolution so It doesnt seem like I should have problems running stuff.. Even Bad Company 2 lags a little. I know I only have a dual core.. but it just doesnt seem right.. I will post a picture of what I am talking about when I say the current value for GPU clock is 400mhz. I just didnt know if there is something I gotta change in the catalyst control center.. oh yeah and on top of that, I put everything in the Gaming part of the control center on Performance, instead of quality.. and im still having issues it seems.. here is the picture of the GPU clock.. anyone know why it seems low?

87EYN.jpg

a2_oOo

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011

It shows 400Mhz because, it is in idle position. As soon as you start playing it will increase to 850Mhz no need to worry about that.

It lags due to processor not because of graphics card. Your graphics card is way better than game requirement. So, don't change any graphic card (Catalyst Control Center) settings. Just select "Restore Factory Defaults" from "Preference".