Best Thermal Compound?

Hi, I've been looking around for a good thermal compound and I narrowed it down to the MX-4 and Artic Silver 5. Which one do you think is better? Also, if there is a thermal compound that you think is better than those then please tell me. Thanks.
9 answers Last reply
More about best thermal compound
  1. mx-4 is the better compound. by some margin. it gives better thermal conductivity and doesnt need to cure to get the best results...
    if you can look at tuniq x4 compound 2 its just as good if not slightly better than mx-4 but thats not saying much as there both in the top 5 of compounds list while AS5 is in the low teens.
  2. OCZ freeze is pretty good , have used it on all my builds , easy to apply /take off andnot expensive
  3. Both those are very good.
    Tuniq TX-3 is good too.
  4. Your choice pf thermal paste won't have a noticeable difference on temps when you are deciding between two top brands/compounds like the ones you mentioned, so go for a mid-range (pricewise) solution.

However do not go for cheap (unbranded) ones as they will let you down in terms of thermal conductivity and wear and tear.
  5. 5-7 pounds isnt a lot of money so theres no real reason to go for a 4pound compound.
  6. shinryu333 said:
    Hi, I've been looking around for a good thermal compound and I narrowed it down to the MX-4 and Artic Silver 5. Which one do you think is better? Also, if there is a thermal compound that you think is better than those then please tell me. Thanks.

Both those products are covered in the Thermal Roundup I did, check out my sig.
  7. Despite what is mentioned for the Arctic Silver 5 curing time, I noticed a 5 degree drop in idle temperature within an hour of using my desktop so I would say Arctic Silver 5.
  8. By far the best thermal compound is graphene Goto graphene.ws. It is cheap too.
  9. The best thermal compound is graphene. Visit Graphene.ws. It is cheap too!!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Thermal Compound Silver