party9

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
i have just brought ASROCK G31M-S.R2.motherboard........earlier i had intel D945G which was damaged.......my core2duo processor was in good health so i replaced it on new motherboard.....ram 2gb.I tried to install windowsxp proffesional........set the setup boot from cd/dvd rom in bios.put the cd of xp.......then i was waiting to see the screen with press any key to boot from cd........but the monitor shows HZ?......second time i put the cd again......and pressed enter key boot was going on in cpu but monitor doesnot show.........then as i knew the keys to press i pressed all the required keys ...setup file did copies...and then restated.....after that screen of setup which shows..copy setup file,copying startmenu items,finishing setup are comming in monitor.......then i intalled the driver cd .......sounddriver is working properly.......but when i installed vgadriver monitor goes in to sleep mode.....means....green light of monitor is blinking....so i went to safe mode and uninstalled the vga driver and restarted ,then the monitor did show the windows...........what will be the real reason for this.....?plz help me ,i have Samsung SyncMaster 794MG monitor.........

Solve the problem by starting windows in normal mode Install the VGA drivers, if the screen goes blank don't worry you know it's going to do it's bit. Wait till the red HDD light on the Case stops flashing.
Do a blind restart, into safe mode this time, got to Display Properties and bring the resolution slider down to the lowest, which should be 800X600 apply and restart rig in normal mode.
Should work fine from then on, with the VGA Drivers installed.

Petrofsky

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008

Yours is a CRT monitor. I had a similar problem with my old Sony---by the time the tube had warmed up, the computer had booted past the BIOS prompt, and I never saw it. If you can borrow an LCD monitor, see if it still does it with that.

To adjust resolution and refresh rate, right-click on the desktop and poke around in that menu.

party9

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011

i had connected it to LCD also.............still the same problem.............