Stereo Bluetooth headset?

Last response: in Technologies
August 14, 2004 2:05:25 PM

As subject, does such a thing exist? Looking through all the various models
on www.expansys.com, there doesn't appear to be any that have more than one
earpiece. I'm looking for such a thing for my XDAII that would be perfect
for playing back MP3's.

If it's too pricey or if one isn't available then I'll stick to the wired
handsfree kit for now.

--
Regards,
Tony. (tony.cue(at)tiscali.co.uk)

Discogs: building the definitive database of electronic music...
http://www.discogs.com
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 3:25:28 AM

Check this one out: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3006

available from eurosimm.com

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

"Tone-EQ" <tony.cue@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> As subject, does such a thing exist? Looking through all the various
models
> on www.expansys.com, there doesn't appear to be any that have more than
one
> earpiece. I'm looking for such a thing for my XDAII that would be perfect
> for playing back MP3's.
>
> If it's too pricey or if one isn't available then I'll stick to the wired
> handsfree kit for now.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Tony. (tony.cue(at)tiscali.co.uk)
>
> Discogs: building the definitive database of electronic music...
> http://www.discogs.com

Anonymous
August 15, 2004 3:25:29 AM

> > As subject, does such a thing exist? Looking through all the various
> models
> > on www.expansys.com, there doesn't appear to be any that have more than
> one
> > earpiece. I'm looking for such a thing for my XDAII that would be
perfect
> > for playing back MP3's.
> >
> > If it's too pricey or if one isn't available then I'll stick to the
wired
> > handsfree kit for now.

> Check this one out: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3006
>
> available from eurosimm.com

Just what I need, but I don't like the idea of that huge box you have to
plug in. Oh well, maybe one day a simpler solution will present itself.

Thanks for your time!
--
Regards,
Tony. (tony.cue(at)tiscali.co.uk)

Discogs: building the definitive database of electronic music...
http://www.discogs.com
August 15, 2004 3:25:30 AM

If you look closely you will find that the box is to connect NON Bluetooth
equipment to the phones. The XDAII already has BT onboard so the box is not
needed at all. Quite a different proposition.

Phil
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 5:18:13 AM

> > > As subject, does such a thing exist? Looking through all the various
> > models
> > > on www.expansys.com, there doesn't appear to be any that have more
than
> > one
> > > earpiece. I'm looking for such a thing for my XDAII that would be
> perfect
> > > for playing back MP3's.
> > >
> > > If it's too pricey or if one isn't available then I'll stick to the
> wired
> > > handsfree kit for now.
>
> > Check this one out: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3006
> >
> > available from eurosimm.com
>
> Just what I need, but I don't like the idea of that huge box you have to
> plug in. Oh well, maybe one day a simpler solution will present itself.
>
> Thanks for your time!
> --
> Regards,
> Tony. (tony.cue(at)tiscali.co.uk)
>
> Discogs: building the definitive database of electronic music...
> http://www.discogs.com

The box isn't big, but when devices come with A2DP you can keep using the
headset without the box...

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
August 15, 2004 3:41:13 PM

"Phil Lawrence" <plawrence@hot.ee> wrote in message
> If you look closely you will find that the box is to connect NON Bluetooth
> equipment to the phones. The XDAII already has BT onboard so the box is
not
> needed at all. Quite a different proposition.
>
> Phil

Yes, I know. I've looked very closely, I still have it. The thing is that
XDAII does not support A2DP and it'll probably not support, since its
replacement is already coming out. So, if one is stuck with one of these,
the only option for having stereo would be an external dongle.

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
October 25, 2004 7:05:14 PM

"Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> "Phil Lawrence" <plawrence@hot.ee> wrote in message
> > If you look closely you will find that the box is to connect NON
Bluetooth
> > equipment to the phones. The XDAII already has BT onboard so the box is
> not
> > needed at all. Quite a different proposition.
> >
> > Phil
> >

> Yes, I know. I've looked very closely, I still have it. The thing is that
> XDAII does not support A2DP and it'll probably not support, since its
> replacement is already coming out. So, if one is stuck with one of these,
> the only option for having stereo would be an external dongle.

So, do I understand correctly that if your device supports A2DP you need no
extra dongle at the transmitting end ? Coming into this thread abit late
but - how about pocket pcs ? I have an Ipaq H2210 and I guess it would be
just too much to hope for that it supports A2DP ? Or that it might in the
future with an update ?
I'd be mad for the bluetake / sonorix headphones / audio adapters if it
wasn't for the little box at the transmitting device end - I am envisaging
plugging the receiver ends into a few of my household audio devices and
using my bt enabled ppc (or even my laptop or desktop with a bt dongle) to
serve mp3s - as I do at the moment via wireless to my ppc from my desktop
where the mp3s live, but using a stereo mini jack to two phonos cable to
connect the 3.5mm ppc audio out jack to the phonos aux in of my stereo. It
works but - the wires, the wires ! Argh ! ;-) No wires would make me a very
happy bunny.

Rachael
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 3:08:02 PM

"Rachael the Wiccan Rat" <none@badrats.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Phil Lawrence" <plawrence@hot.ee> wrote in message
>> > If you look closely you will find that the box is to connect NON
> Bluetooth
>> > equipment to the phones. The XDAII already has BT onboard so the box is
>> not
>> > needed at all. Quite a different proposition.
>> >
>> > Phil
>> >

>> Yes, I know. I've looked very closely, I still have it. The thing is that
>> XDAII does not support A2DP and it'll probably not support, since its
>> replacement is already coming out. So, if one is stuck with one of these,
>> the only option for having stereo would be an external dongle.
>>
> So, do I understand correctly that if your device supports A2DP you need
> no
> extra dongle at the transmitting end ? Coming into this thread abit late
> but - how about pocket pcs ? I have an Ipaq H2210 and I guess it would be
> just too much to hope for that it supports A2DP ? Or that it might in the
> future with an update ?
> I'd be mad for the bluetake / sonorix headphones / audio adapters if it
> wasn't for the little box at the transmitting device end - I am envisaging
> plugging the receiver ends into a few of my household audio devices and
> using my bt enabled ppc (or even my laptop or desktop with a bt dongle) to
> serve mp3s - as I do at the moment via wireless to my ppc from my desktop
> where the mp3s live, but using a stereo mini jack to two phonos cable to
> connect the 3.5mm ppc audio out jack to the phonos aux in of my stereo. It
> works but - the wires, the wires ! Argh ! ;-) No wires would make me a
> very
> happy bunny.
>

> Rachael

You won't find A2DP in any current Pocket PC. The hx4700 and h6315/h6365 are
now coming with Headset profiles for all system sounds, and HP will launch a
Stereo bluetooth headphone, manufacted by Logitech, to go with these models.
AFAIK there's no update planned for older models.

October 26, 2004 4:38:57 PM

> You won't find A2DP in any current Pocket PC. The hx4700 and h6315/h6365
are
> now coming with Headset profiles for all system sounds, and HP will launch
> Stereo bluetooth headphone, manufacted by Logitech, to go with these
models.
> AFAIK there's no update planned for older models.

Wouldnt't you just know it. I'd happily pay for an update if given the
chance.

Rachael
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 4:40:29 PM

"Henryk Plötz" <henryk.nospamplease@ploetzli.ch> wrote in message

<snippage>

>> Coming into this thread abit late but - how about pocket pcs ? I have
>> an Ipaq H2210 and I guess it would be just too much to hope for that
>> it supports A2DP ? Or that it might in the future with an update ?

> Look at http://tinyurl.com/4l7hy (that's a search in the Heise Bluetooth
> DB; the page is in German but I already did the correct query for you).
> It lists some software for Pocket PCs, but I guess you would need to buy
> those.

Interesting. I'll check that page out, thankyou.

Rachael
Anonymous
November 3, 2004 4:21:44 AM

Blueant from Australia has an interesting stereo headphones with an
MP3+WMA player built in:
http://www.blueant.com.au/bthp.htm

It is available from Mr. Gadget down under (apparently not available
outside OZ, and Blueant has not replied to my email of a month or more
ago):
www.mrgadget.com.au/2004/09/ blueant-bluetooth-stereo-headphones.html
(Unfortunately, they do not do credit card sales to outside OZ)

I am very interested in this because I have a Palm Tungsten T3, which I
naively thought that I could store music on then just get a BT stereo
headset and have it work nicely with music, plus with my Sony Ericsson
T630. However, after much checking and calling, the T3 does not have
an A2DP profile (or any sort of audio support), which is very
disappointing (see separate thread I just started). Ergo, having the
MP3 player in the headset is very helpful -- I am overseas this year
and have about 90 minutes each direction on trains and subways, and
having this would be very, very nice for integrated music and phone.
(Don't worry, I work less in the office and just read+work on the
train.)
Thanks for any info and comments on the above blueant set.

Dave
!