Stereo Bluetooth headset?

As subject, does such a thing exist? Looking through all the various models
on www.expansys.com, there doesn't appear to be any that have more than one
earpiece. I'm looking for such a thing for my XDAII that would be perfect
for playing back MP3's.

If it's too pricey or if one isn't available then I'll stick to the wired
handsfree kit for now.

--
Regards,
Tony. (tony.cue(at)tiscali.co.uk)

Discogs: building the definitive database of electronic music...
http://www.discogs.com
10 answers Last reply
More about stereo bluetooth headset

    Check this one out: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3006

    available from eurosimm.com

    Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

    "Tone-EQ" <tony.cue@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > As subject, does such a thing exist? Looking through all the various
    models
    > on www.expansys.com, there doesn't appear to be any that have more than
    one
    > earpiece. I'm looking for such a thing for my XDAII that would be perfect
    > for playing back MP3's.
    >
    > If it's too pricey or if one isn't available then I'll stick to the wired
    > handsfree kit for now.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Tony. (tony.cue(at)tiscali.co.uk)
    >
    > Discogs: building the definitive database of electronic music...
    > http://www.discogs.com

    > > As subject, does such a thing exist? Looking through all the various
    > models
    > > on www.expansys.com, there doesn't appear to be any that have more than
    > one
    > > earpiece. I'm looking for such a thing for my XDAII that would be
    perfect
    > > for playing back MP3's.
    > >
    > > If it's too pricey or if one isn't available then I'll stick to the
    wired
    > > handsfree kit for now.

    > Check this one out: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3006
    >
    > available from eurosimm.com

    Just what I need, but I don't like the idea of that huge box you have to
    plug in. Oh well, maybe one day a simpler solution will present itself.

    Thanks for your time!
    --
    Regards,
    Tony. (tony.cue(at)tiscali.co.uk)

    Discogs: building the definitive database of electronic music...
    http://www.discogs.com
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    If you look closely you will find that the box is to connect NON Bluetooth
    equipment to the phones. The XDAII already has BT onboard so the box is not
    needed at all. Quite a different proposition.

    Phil
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > > > As subject, does such a thing exist? Looking through all the various
    > > models
    > > > on www.expansys.com, there doesn't appear to be any that have more
    than
    > > one
    > > > earpiece. I'm looking for such a thing for my XDAII that would be
    > perfect
    > > > for playing back MP3's.
    > > >
    > > > If it's too pricey or if one isn't available then I'll stick to the
    > wired
    > > > handsfree kit for now.
    >
    > > Check this one out: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3006
    > >
    > > available from eurosimm.com
    >
    > Just what I need, but I don't like the idea of that huge box you have to
    > plug in. Oh well, maybe one day a simpler solution will present itself.
    >
    > Thanks for your time!
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Tony. (tony.cue(at)tiscali.co.uk)
    >
    > Discogs: building the definitive database of electronic music...
    > http://www.discogs.com

    The box isn't big, but when devices come with A2DP you can keep using the
    headset without the box...

    Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "Phil Lawrence" <plawrence@hot.ee> wrote in message
    > If you look closely you will find that the box is to connect NON Bluetooth
    > equipment to the phones. The XDAII already has BT onboard so the box is
    not
    > needed at all. Quite a different proposition.
    >
    > Phil

    Yes, I know. I've looked very closely, I still have it. The thing is that
    XDAII does not support A2DP and it'll probably not support, since its
    replacement is already coming out. So, if one is stuck with one of these,
    the only option for having stereo would be an external dongle.

    Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
    > "Phil Lawrence" <plawrence@hot.ee> wrote in message
    > > If you look closely you will find that the box is to connect NON
    Bluetooth
    > > equipment to the phones. The XDAII already has BT onboard so the box is
    > not
    > > needed at all. Quite a different proposition.
    > >
    > > Phil
    > >

    > Yes, I know. I've looked very closely, I still have it. The thing is that
    > XDAII does not support A2DP and it'll probably not support, since its
    > replacement is already coming out. So, if one is stuck with one of these,
    > the only option for having stereo would be an external dongle.

    So, do I understand correctly that if your device supports A2DP you need no
    extra dongle at the transmitting end ? Coming into this thread abit late
    but - how about pocket pcs ? I have an Ipaq H2210 and I guess it would be
    just too much to hope for that it supports A2DP ? Or that it might in the
    future with an update ?
    I'd be mad for the bluetake / sonorix headphones / audio adapters if it
    wasn't for the little box at the transmitting device end - I am envisaging
    plugging the receiver ends into a few of my household audio devices and
    using my bt enabled ppc (or even my laptop or desktop with a bt dongle) to
    serve mp3s - as I do at the moment via wireless to my ppc from my desktop
    where the mp3s live, but using a stereo mini jack to two phonos cable to
    connect the 3.5mm ppc audio out jack to the phonos aux in of my stereo. It
    works but - the wires, the wires ! Argh ! ;-) No wires would make me a very
    happy bunny.

    Rachael
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "Rachael the Wiccan Rat" <none@badrats.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
    >> "Phil Lawrence" <plawrence@hot.ee> wrote in message
    >> > If you look closely you will find that the box is to connect NON
    > Bluetooth
    >> > equipment to the phones. The XDAII already has BT onboard so the box is
    >> not
    >> > needed at all. Quite a different proposition.
    >> >
    >> > Phil
    >> >

    >> Yes, I know. I've looked very closely, I still have it. The thing is that
    >> XDAII does not support A2DP and it'll probably not support, since its
    >> replacement is already coming out. So, if one is stuck with one of these,
    >> the only option for having stereo would be an external dongle.
    >>
    > So, do I understand correctly that if your device supports A2DP you need
    > no
    > extra dongle at the transmitting end ? Coming into this thread abit late
    > but - how about pocket pcs ? I have an Ipaq H2210 and I guess it would be
    > just too much to hope for that it supports A2DP ? Or that it might in the
    > future with an update ?
    > I'd be mad for the bluetake / sonorix headphones / audio adapters if it
    > wasn't for the little box at the transmitting device end - I am envisaging
    > plugging the receiver ends into a few of my household audio devices and
    > using my bt enabled ppc (or even my laptop or desktop with a bt dongle) to
    > serve mp3s - as I do at the moment via wireless to my ppc from my desktop
    > where the mp3s live, but using a stereo mini jack to two phonos cable to
    > connect the 3.5mm ppc audio out jack to the phonos aux in of my stereo. It
    > works but - the wires, the wires ! Argh ! ;-) No wires would make me a
    > very
    > happy bunny.
    >

    > Rachael

    You won't find A2DP in any current Pocket PC. The hx4700 and h6315/h6365 are
    now coming with Headset profiles for all system sounds, and HP will launch a
    Stereo bluetooth headphone, manufacted by Logitech, to go with these models.
    AFAIK there's no update planned for older models.

  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > You won't find A2DP in any current Pocket PC. The hx4700 and h6315/h6365
    are
    > now coming with Headset profiles for all system sounds, and HP will launch
    > Stereo bluetooth headphone, manufacted by Logitech, to go with these
    models.
    > AFAIK there's no update planned for older models.

    Wouldnt't you just know it. I'd happily pay for an update if given the
    chance.

    Rachael
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "Henryk Plötz" <henryk.nospamplease@ploetzli.ch> wrote in message

    <snippage>

    >> Coming into this thread abit late but - how about pocket pcs ? I have
    >> an Ipaq H2210 and I guess it would be just too much to hope for that
    >> it supports A2DP ? Or that it might in the future with an update ?

    > Look at http://tinyurl.com/4l7hy (that's a search in the Heise Bluetooth
    > DB; the page is in German but I already did the correct query for you).
    > It lists some software for Pocket PCs, but I guess you would need to buy
    > those.

    Interesting. I'll check that page out, thankyou.

    Rachael
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Blueant from Australia has an interesting stereo headphones with an
    MP3+WMA player built in:
    http://www.blueant.com.au/bthp.htm

    It is available from Mr. Gadget down under (apparently not available
    outside OZ, and Blueant has not replied to my email of a month or more
    ago):
    www.mrgadget.com.au/2004/09/ blueant-bluetooth-stereo-headphones.html
    (Unfortunately, they do not do credit card sales to outside OZ)

    I am very interested in this because I have a Palm Tungsten T3, which I
    naively thought that I could store music on then just get a BT stereo
    headset and have it work nicely with music, plus with my Sony Ericsson
    T630. However, after much checking and calling, the T3 does not have
    an A2DP profile (or any sort of audio support), which is very
    disappointing (see separate thread I just started). Ergo, having the
    MP3 player in the headset is very helpful -- I am overseas this year
    and have about 90 minutes each direction on trains and subways, and
    having this would be very, very nice for integrated music and phone.
    (Don't worry, I work less in the office and just read+work on the
    train.)
    Thanks for any info and comments on the above blueant set.

    Dave

Bluetooth Gaming Headsets Product