view settings will not stay the way I want them

July 22, 2004 8:51:09 PM

I have tried my best to find the right settings and have checked my
"folder" settings in the control panel but many of my folders will not
show the status bar everytime I open the folder and I am getting tired
of having to go to view and select "status bar" for the same folder
over and over again. They also often revert to "tiles" versus "icons"

When I go and check my folder settings, I see that the box is checked
for the folder to remember its view settings. Why then won't it
remember the view settings?

I really like the status bar and want it to be there in all my
folders. Anybody know how?

More about : view settings stay

Anonymous
July 23, 2004 12:36:05 AM

Usually xp wont keep video or view settings because of youre display
adapter needs updated drivers and/or the memory is low,upgrade.

"Flaig" wrote:

> I have tried my best to find the right settings and have checked my
> "folder" settings in the control panel but many of my folders will not
> show the status bar everytime I open the folder and I am getting tired
> of having to go to view and select "status bar" for the same folder
> over and over again. They also often revert to "tiles" versus "icons"
>
> When I go and check my folder settings, I see that the box is checked
> for the folder to remember its view settings. Why then won't it
> remember the view settings?
>
> I really like the status bar and want it to be there in all my
> folders. Anybody know how?

Anonymous
July 23, 2004 3:48:40 AM

Open Explorer, pick a folder and set it the way you like
it. Then go to tools/folder options and pick the view tab.
There should be a button there that says something similar
to "Set all of your folders like the curent folder"

That should do it.

Chris

July 23, 2004 6:35:24 PM

Hi,

Open up any explorer window and enable the status bar through View>Status bar. Thereafter, click on
tools>folder options and flip to the view tab and click on 'Apply to all folders'. This will set the
taskbar for all the folders.

If you experience that the view settings do not stick, you may download the followind edit and apply
it. After that you may try the above-mentioned step again.

Increase Folder View Options Limit: (Line 2)

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
http://www.mvps.org

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Flaig" <flatland53@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have tried my best to find the right settings and have checked my
> "folder" settings in the control panel but many of my folders will not
> show the status bar everytime I open the folder and I am getting tired
> of having to go to view and select "status bar" for the same folder
> over and over again. They also often revert to "tiles" versus "icons"
>
> When I go and check my folder settings, I see that the box is checked
> for the folder to remember its view settings. Why then won't it
> remember the view settings?
>
> I really like the status bar and want it to be there in all my
> folders. Anybody know how?
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 5:11:34 PM

Thanks and yes that does do it but I guess I was trying to have some
folders in one view and others in another view. I now have all folders
on thumbnails view because I need it in my graphic files folder but I
really prefer other views like details for data folders.

I was just hoping to keep the status bar in place without making all
folders uniform. I guess I'll live with the uniformity since I like
the info on the status bar more than I need to have a details view in
one folder and a thumbnails view in another.

Moss

"Chris Purvis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<296501c47081$16c9c2f0$a301280a@phx.gbl>...
> Open Explorer, pick a folder and set it the way you like
> it. Then go to tools/folder options and pick the view tab.
> There should be a button there that says something similar
> to "Set all of your folders like the curent folder"
>
> That should do it.
>
> Chris

July 29, 2004 6:21:27 AM

You can have different views with the Status Bar present.

Manual Edit

Go to Windows Explorer/View/Status Bar. Then go to Tools/Folder
Options/View/Apply to all folders. Works for IE as well. Not: .....Set
all of your folders like the curent folder.

Automated Edit

Enable Show Status Bar (Line 67)

All the Best,
Kelly