Build with Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3

6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build gigabyte z68xp
  1. Yeah PSU is overkill. A 500 to 600 would easily handle a 560ti. The Corsair 600watts would be a good choice for any future upgrades except SLI.

If you plan to SLI, a good 600 watts would be able to handle it but getting a 750w would give you more headroom.

If you only plan to game on the PC, then the i7 would be a waste of $100 and the i5-2500k would perform about 97% of the i7-2600k performance.
  2. PSU is definitely overkill. I'd look at getting the Corsair TX 750 or maybe the Builder Series CX600, and use the money left over from that to invest in a case with better airflow, like the Cooler Master HAF 932, Corsair Carbide 400R, NZXT Phantom, or Antec Lanboy Air.
  3. ok, so I'm looking at a CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 (CMPSU-750HX) 750W, instead of the 850W. Sound like a good deal?
  4. Cant say that I'm the biggest fan of modular PSUs, but it's definitely a much better selection.
  5. Best answer
    The modular function makes the price shoot up a bit, but since you're not using the second set of PCI-E power cables it would be a bit cleaner. If you're considering adding a second GPU later then just get the TX750 - you'll use almost every power cable.
  6. Best answer selected by Thrash4u.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems Product