Sign in with
Your question
Closed

What graphics card is compatible with ASUS M4A88TD-M/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 27, 2011 3:43:40 AM

Hello,
I have an ASUS M4A88TD-M/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard. Running Win7 home 64 bit. I need a dual monitor DVI graphics card. I use it for day-trading, not gaming, so I don't need a high-end card. What is compatible and recommended?

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 128 U Graphics card
July 27, 2011 10:05:40 AM

A Geforce 210 can be had for under $50 and will work fine for your purposes:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I currently use this card on a digital audio workstation with two monitors. I use one VGA and one DVI connection.

Once you have a requirement for two DVI connections, specifically, the price of the video cards jumps past the $100 mark and a two-slot card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I can't tell the difference in quality between the analog and digital signals coming out of my Geforce 210. They're both great.

If either of your monitors has a VGA or HDMI connection, you can use the money you save to buy an extra share or two.
July 27, 2011 1:31:11 PM

I currently use this card on a digital audio workstation with two monitors. I use one VGA and one DVI connection.

Thanks for your answer! Can I use two independent monitors this way? i.e. I don't need to extend the screen real estate but rather to display charts on one monitor and a trading platform on the other. Would I need special software/hardware for viewing two independent monitors?
Score
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 128 U Graphics card
July 27, 2011 1:38:08 PM

It won't be like you have two separate desktops, you'll just open the different windows you want (ie charts) on one screen and the others you want on the other screen (ie trading platform). You don't need any special software to do this.
Score
July 27, 2011 2:15:47 PM

Many thanks!
Score
July 27, 2011 8:53:40 PM

Best answer selected by mishnat.
Score
a b À AMD
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 271 U Graphics card
July 27, 2011 8:56:47 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey