sgtpepper88

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Recently my friend upgraded his computer and he said i can have some old components but I'm not sure they would fit or work in my PC. Currently i have a a Gate Way model # dx4320 with these particular specs.

CPU: AMD Phenom (tm) II X4 820 processor 2.80 GHz
RAM: 6gb
OP: windows 7 64-bit
PSU: not sure the brand or model but its 300w
Motherboard: i don't know couldn't figure where to find it.
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4250

he has a xfx GeForce 9800 gtx+ he said i can have but my power supply can't handle it. he said i can also have his power supply which is a Enermax model:eg465p-ve (24p) to power it. My questions are all power supplies universal in size and or compatible with most cases or are there particular slots or connections one needs to have and if so what do i need to make sure of. Is this Power supply unit compatible with my pc or will i have to buy a new one and if so can anyone recommend one for that computer and card for under a hundred dollars? any help what so ever would be greatly appreciated

sgtpepper88

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011

what would be a small form factor the psu or the computer? and is atx std kinda like the slots for a graphics card where it has to match up?

The Gateway DX4320 Desktop Series uses a standard ATX (PS2) form factor power supply unit.

The Enermax EG465P-VE adheres to the ATX12V Power Supply Design standards. Its physical dimensions match the ATX12V Power Supply Design Reference Dimensions exactly. The screw holes for mounting the power supply also follow the ATX12V standard. It should fit into the Gateway DX4320 with no problem.

Its an old power supply design so it doesn't have any PCI Express supplementary power connectors or any active PFC. Its +12 Volt current rating of 33 (or 35 Amps depending on how old it is), is electrically sufficient to power a system with a single GeForce 9800 GTX+.

Is your friend also including at least two dual 4-pin Molex Peripheral connectors to 6-pin PCI Express power connector adapters that will be needed by the GeForce 9800 GTX+ graphics card?

sgtpepper88

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011

when we opened the case he showed me a 6 pin connector that plugged into the card from the psu if thats what you mean